Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

MotoGP 2019 (spoilers)

Re: MotoGP 2019 (spoilers)

A very intense race today.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Marc is just ridiculous. Missed the start so I'll have to review it but then end was good racing. Fabio certainly have some wins in his future. Championships if he for sure if he came at a different time. I don't see him beating Marc for the championship all things being equal.
    I'm not sure I agree because they're not equal right now. Fabio is on last years spec Yamaha that was terrible and on a satellite team. I bet on the newer bike with full factory support he'd even better.

Also not equal is that Marc's in his 7 year on a top class machine on these tracks. That's a lot of experience and time to learn them at speed. Everytime Fabio gos out there it's literally his first time racing on a top class gp machine.

He's not like zarco was later year, he's way better. This kids the real deal and if he finds his way on to a full factory bike that's not a KTM or Aprilia he's got a great shot at beating Marc.

To recap the last two races he's taken it down to the wire and he's on an inferior machine without full factory support and as rookie that as never raced these tracks on a top class machine. All things being equal they aren't equal at all.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by motoarch View Post
    I'm not sure I agree because they're not equal right now. Fabio is on last years spec Yamaha that was terrible and on a satellite team. I bet on the newer bike with full factory support he'd even better.

Also not equal is that Marc's in his 7 year on a top class machine on these tracks. That's a lot of experience and time to learn them at speed. Everytime Fabio gos out there it's literally his first time racing on a top class gp machine.

He's not like zarco was later year, he's way better. This kids the real deal and if he finds his way on to a full factory bike that's not a KTM or Aprilia he's got a great shot at beating Marc.

To recap the last two races he's taken it down to the wire and he's on an inferior machine without full factory support and as rookie that as never raced these tracks on a top class machine. All things being equal they aren't equal at all.
    I agree with the experience thing. Nothing beats that but with each year he gets more experience so doesn't Marc which I also think is currently on an inferior bike. Then next Honda was in 12th and it was last years spec. His teammate was in 18th and Lorenzo is a multiple world champion. Fabio also got an extra 500rpm. I'm not smart enough to know what that does besides he can rev an extra 500rpm. Like the Honda I think last years Yamaha is better then the current one. Fabio is showing that by beating the factory bikes on a regular basis. Without Marc in the championship I have no doubt Fabio would be in the running. He would have at least 2 wins. He is the real deal but he is up against a once in our lifetime rider. Since Marc has come to the premier class his worst finish in the championship was 3rd which was one year. Every other year he won.

I think Fabio could rival Marc for the championship. He is good but I also thought Zarco had a chance until he folded this year. I'll hold my final opinion on Fabio until he makes his move to a factory team. I really do hope he does well because it makes the racing interesting and fun to watch. My biggest concern is he is currently on a bike almost anyone can ride. Just look at Zarco. Yamaha has Lorenzo to thank for that as does Ducati.

0 Not allowed!
    James
    12 KTM SMR 450
    07 CRF 250R
    LRRS/CCS #79
    NEMM #79

GMD Computrack
    Diamondback Designs
    Robs Dyno

Its a weird time in MotoGP.

I don't think the Honda has been any good the past couple years - Marc is just that good. Honda is wasting resources on everyone but Marquez. Without him, I think the bike would be completely different. They need to shake it up and ditch all their riders.
    Ducati is also wasting resources on their entire team, except maybe Jack. The bike could win the championship, but not with the current riders. If you gave this to Marc I think he would win every race. i like how they gave Pecco a shot, maybe in another year he'll have figured it out but he hasn't done anything to really impress me on it.
    Yamaha might have the best bike right now. It just can't beat Marc. They're also wasting resources on Valentino - and dare I say it Maverick. They need a mix up with serious Moto 2 talent.
    Suzuki is doing okay I suppose.
    KTM is kinda killing it. They're using parts no one else is (WP suspension, steel trellis frame) and have second tier riders getting on pole and top tens. Give it another year or two and get them a star rider.

I still really really really want to see Marc on the KTM. It would be incredible. Then push Fabio to Honda and see if he can repeat some of the things Marc has been able to do on it.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 10-06-19 at 11:07 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Huh?

2 Not allowed!

News Flash - Zarco to replace Nakagami on the LCR Honda for the final 3 races. Apparently Nakagami has been riding with an injured shoulder and would like to have surgery sooner rather than later to be ready for testing and the 2020 season

https://motomatters.com/news/2019/10..._nakagami.html

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jim v View Post
    News Flash - Zarco to replace Nakagami on the LCR Honda for the final 3 races. Apparently Nakagami has been riding with an injured shoulder and would like to have surgery sooner rather than later to be ready for testing and the 2020 season

https://motomatters.com/news/2019/10..._nakagami.html
    I can’t imagine Zarco doing anything special on the Honda in just a few races. Too similar to the KTM.

0 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I canít imagine Zarco doing anything special on the Honda in just a few races. Too similar to the KTM.
    Agreed but it will be interesting to confirm that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

I think Honda will be comparing Lorenzo and Zarco very carefully. Lorenzo finished 47 seconds behind MM at Misano and 55 seconds back at Buriram. If HRC feels Zarco will be more able to help make the RC rideable for humans not named Marquez they'll leave Jorge at the curb

Also, I'm glad KTM isn't enforcing their contract to keep him from riding - better for the sport

0 Not allowed!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678