Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NJMP HD Race & more...

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

NJMP HD Race & more...

Props to Shane for putting up a serious fight in the HD class this weekend. He was the pole sitter and clearly the fastest guy in several sections during the race. The one section he was not fastest was down the straight, as he could not draft anyone but got drafted anytime someone else was close. Rode his butt off and kept taking the spots back, but ran off about 3/4 of the way through and had to settle for 5th. Could have been win #2, but that's racing. When you're young, there will always be another day. Shane also ran some very respectable times in the DSB class, which has some seriously fast kids in it these days, and finished 9th. Nice work there.

Saturday's Superbike race (in the rain) was awesome to watch - if you get a chance you need to check out the last couple laps....Hayes and Hayden really put on a show.

LRRS guys Zev Ginsberg, Kris Knopf and Alex Guilbeault all ran Supersport and made good showings for themselves - Saturday's race was super tough conditions...not wet but not really dry either. NJMP local Mark Miller put it on the box on Saturday with a strong ride, which was cool to see as well.

I hope to see even more LRRS riders down there next season, as we're all hopeful that the new people guiding AMA racing steer the ship in the right direction. Looks like there will be an entry level class for young riders (14+) and perhaps a 600cc spec class, as well as a 1000cc Superstock class together with Superbike. Interesting stuff for sure - stay tuned.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NJMP HD Race & more...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    LRRS guys Zev Ginsberg, Kris Knopf and Alex Guilbeault all ran Supersport and made good showings for themselves - Saturday's race was super tough conditions...not wet but not really dry either.
    Josh Gallusser (357) finished 28th of 50 in SuperSport. Hasnt made much of an appearance at NHMS this season, but he's an LRRS guy too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Sounds like a great time.

Hope to see more of this in Daytona. Shane just needed a stronger bike on the straights last year. I hope he has a little something this year.

See you down there.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

..yeah, Shane and I were talking about that at NJMP this weekend. The only guys we could draft at Daytona last year were each other. Something about racing against 130lb guys....

Anyway, we've both got new machines to ride this year so we are hoping for some better results.

Frenchy and I helped pit for Shane at Daytona when he did the ASRA 2 hour Team Challenge race by himself last year. He didnt seem phased when i told him that ASRA bumped them up to 3 hours this year. Should be fun to watch.

EX 105

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

3 hours. I think there will be tire changes involved now. Someone remind Shane to put the right transponder on this time so he can win!

I wish there were more of these races Televised.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...ctice-at-njmp/

Last edited by nt650hawk; 09-15-14 at 10:45 AM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

So... when's E.Wood making another appearance out there... 2016? NJMP WILDCARD! Come on!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

We'll see how it goes. I had not watched an AMA national in person in several years (I don't always do well when I'm on the wrong side of the fence)....and it spurred some memories of why I liked that scene for so long. We'll see what the AMA does going forward, I'm hopeful that they are going to move in a positive direction. For the pinnacle of racing in the US, the reward for racing has to be better than it is right now. If I had finished 3rd in both Superbike races this past weekend, I still would have been $2000 in the red. That needs to be fixed!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    If I had finished 3rd in both Superbike races this past weekend, I still would have been $2000 in the red. That needs to be fixed!
    that's why i got into racing....for the women and all the money

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105

Seems like youtube has the races online: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYA...3AkHCIQ-_XpYbw on the AMA Pro Racing Channel

Dan

LRRS AM #110 '02 SV650s
    Racing for: Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Sponsors: Woodcraft CFM, Armorbodies, Yoshimura, DP Brakes, Lucas Oil.