Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Questions about getting into racing

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Re: Questions about getting into racing

^^^^ they made announcements about it at the riders meeting too. have you been napping thru it Jim?! lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

depending when, i might not have been there. i missed 2 rounds this year.
    guess i'm going to the sunoco pump now.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Are all of the novice races held at once? For example rookie 1-4 at the same time?

Is there a place to find a schedule for the 13th and 14th?

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thank you good sir. According to that I would be able to enter 7 races. That's exciting.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Thank you good sir. According to that I would be able to enter 7 races. That's exciting.
    focus on finishing one of them...then work on entering the other 6 races

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Lifer

Fines for non compliance? Bah. I'd be okay with just forfeiting the race. I am a ruthless competitor, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Not exactly correct ... the last weekend I had the unfortunate task of protesting a guy running a built 1k, running non-spec rocket fuel, in F40.
    That just sucks to hear. Have there been any random fuel tests this year?
    Yeah, even though I was in the right, I felt like a smuck and guilty as hell. I had gone back and forth with him in practices, thinking that was one incredibly fast 750. Swapping positions I smelled the non-spec rocket fuel. After the race I went over and talking to him first before going to the referee. During the discussion I mentioned that even though he was using non-spec fuel, he had one wicked 750. That's when he told me he was on a gixxer 1k. For those not in the know, to run F40 with LRRS you can run an I4 up to 820cc (and a twin up to 1150cc). He was out of region and said he had no idea ... I guess other CCS regions allow I4 1K's in F40. Realizing I'm chasing championship points, he was very apologetic and, as we both walked into the media center together, he loudly announced "I'm here to turn myself in!" Funniest (as well as my first) protest ever!

My fuel has been randomly tested just about once every year. Others have been tested this year, but not me (yet).

And yes, no more gas from the Shell and Gulf on Rt106; not legal anymore.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Since this is a thread about questions.. what makes gas legal vs not? You can legally carry in 93 pump gas from the Shell down the way, right?
    sounds like you're thinking of actual laws not racing rules. the legal they are talking is race legal according to the rule book

well yeah 7 but the rookie race doesn't really count. just finish it. if you really wanna do all you are allowed then go for it but your first weekend is a lot to take in so maybe a couple less would be better. a couple of those races are combined novice/amateur. you might get passed really close when being lapped in those races. especially if you have 2 amateurs in a race with each other coming by at the same time. if you bump up to the race with AM Unlimited Superbike you have guys at the front running 17s. just something to keep in mind.

Yeah, even though I was in the right, I felt like a smuck and guilty as hell. I had gone back and forth with him in practices, thinking that was one incredibly fast 750. Swapping positions I smelled the non-spec rocket fuel. After the race I went over and talking to him first before going to the referee. During the discussion I mentioned that even though he was using non-spec fuel, he had one wicked 750. That's when he told me he was on a gixxer 1k. For those not in the know, to run F40 with LRRS you can run an I4 up to 820cc (and a twin up to 1150cc). He was out of region and said he had no idea ... I guess other CCS regions allow I4 1K's in F40. Realizing I'm chasing championship points, he was very apologetic and, as we both walked into the media center together, he loudly announced "I'm here to turn myself in!" Funniest (as well as my first) protest ever!

My fuel has been randomly tested just about once every year. Others have been tested this year, but not me (yet).

that sucks but at least he was cool about it. I thought the registration system didn't let you dump down if the bike doesn't qualify for it?

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    sounds like you're thinking of actual laws not racing rules. the legal they are talking is race legal according to the rule book
    No. I was asking about LRRS race rules. The contrast against CSS is always interesting.

I thought the registration system didn't let you dump down if the bike doesn't qualify for it?
    That's the $64 question ... I have to think they just took his race fee and never bothered to ask the question.

Last edited by Gecko; 09-04-13 at 02:10 PM.
    John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

well yeah 7 but the rookie race doesn't really count. just finish it. if you really wanna do all you are allowed then go for it but your first weekend is a lot to take in so maybe a couple less would be better. a couple of those races are combined novice/amateur. you might get passed really close when being lapped in those races. especially if you have 2 amateurs in a race with each other coming by at the same time. if you bump up to the race with AM Unlimited Superbike you have guys at the front running 17s. just something to keep in mind.
    I thought the rookie race was a real race now with points and stuff. As far as the amount of races, unless I'm missing something, with 2 practices each day it's still less riding than an average trackday. The should be more strenuous than trackday sessions but, the added adrenaline should offset that a bit.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

I thought the rookie race was a real race now with points and stuff. As far as the amount of races, unless I'm missing something, with 2 practices each day it's still less riding than an average trackday. The should be more strenuous than trackday sessions but, the added adrenaline should offset that a bit.
    well yes there are points for it but its still really just the race license final exam. the points mean nothing in it because you aren't going to a rookie race championship. it is less riding technically but yeah its a different ball game. If you want to do them all then by all means do it. I was just pointing out that its a little different than just going for a nice relaxed track day session. as a novice you do want to try to keep that same level of relaxation though.

I've never been relaxed at at trackday. Maybe that's something that happens after you have raced. Really, it will be race time for me and I plan to be anything but relaxed, in it to win if from the first flag.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

I've never been relaxed at at trackday. Maybe that's something that happens after you have raced. Really, it will be race time for me and I plan to be anything but relaxed, in it to win if from the first flag.
    relax, you'll go faster.

Last edited by timmyho414; 09-04-13 at 04:02 PM.
    Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

Paul_E_D

Just don't crash, you'll be all set jc.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I'm a huge bundle of stress/anticipation before I get on the bike for a race, friends don't even like being around me when I'm like that. Thankfully, during the warm-up lap I can get focused and get ready for the race, and by the time the 2 board is out I'm cool, calm, and collected, and when the green flag flies it's all business. Everyone has their pre-race prep, and mine is freaking out. I wouldn't worry too much about the jitters during a track day, as long as you can focus during it. I talk to myself in the helmet, going over my reference points, coaching myself, accepting the mistakes and highlighting the good points. Works for me, might work for you

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Since this is a thread about questions.. what makes gas legal vs not? You can legally carry in 93 pump gas from the Shell down the way, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Not any more. All gas needs to be purchased at the track now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    The only pump gas that's race legal is from the NHMS pumps. They made a mid-season rulebook change.

Can't tell you how many races I've seen, at Loudon particularly, where 93 octane was the deciding factor in a race

The first race of the day always sucks. I usually want to throw up right before it. After getting one under the belt, the rest aren't so bad.

LRRS #313

Thanks for everyone's input. You guys are really helpful. I never intended on racing the 1199, more asking for the 750 or sell both and get a 600.

Sounds fun, but like a major time committment...I gues I'll be buying a lot of gifts for the wifey if I go down that road.

I am trying to sell my bike an pick up a 675...we'll see what happens...

Thanks again guys...and btw, I am not worrying about classes when I hit 1:23, at this rate it will be more like 2:23

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

2:23 is hard. I have tried.

Riding backwards?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

really? its a track day. its entirely for the shear fun of it. you should be relaxed the whole time not putting pressure on yourself. I hope you don't get too wound up your first race weekend. don't worry about winning. I think you have the ability to win but if its out of your comfort zone then don't push too hard trying for the win, nothing wrong with second place.

I didn't read a single post in this thread other than the first one.

I only jumped in to tell you...don't EVEN CONSIDER racing, until you get yourself a good helmet fan.

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast