Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

How can you race TT Isle of Mann?

Re: How can you race TT Isle of Mann?

shaving weight off rotating mass

and the rotors are resurfaced and ready to stop the bike, although I was told no brakes makes me faster... LOL

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sav, have you talked to anyone who has prepared bikes for the TT? With all the bumps and jumps on the track I would be interested to hear if they have to loc-tite nuts and bolts that we would normally take for granted.

I know there's one guy in Mass (or maybe NH) who has done the TT, I have his contact details somewhere as his wife had a street SV for sale recently.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Sav, have you talked to anyone who has prepared bikes for the TT? With all the bumps and jumps on the track I would be interested to hear if they have to loc-tite nuts and bolts that we would normally take for granted.

I know there's one guy in Mass (or maybe NH) who has done the TT, I have his contact details somewhere as his wife had a street SV for sale recently.
    I havent talked to anyone about that specific topic, but we are doing it on whaw we think it should be done on. i think you are talking about Bill Plythe?

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    I havent talked to anyone about that specific topic, but we are doing it on whaw we think it should be done on. i think you are talking about Bill Plythe?
    Yep I think that's his name. I would try and find someone to talk to, as the last thing you want to do is fasten a bunch of stuff and then have to remove them to install them with locker!

Im dying to go to the TT someday. Might be willing to plan it to roll with you guys if you need pit help or anything.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Pretty much every thing on the bike will be thread locked and or lockwired.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Am I safe in assuming Savas is getting taught how to properly deal with some thread lockers? Aka heat and not cheater bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Am I safe in assuming Savas is getting taught how to properly deal with some thread lockers? Aka heat and not cheater bars?
    The only thing I understood from this was my name hahaha

The only thing I understood from this was my name hahaha
    Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

If lefty no loosey, apply heat. If lefty STILL no loosey, seek help.

And by apply heat, Josh doesn't mean just take off your shirt .

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    And by apply heat, Josh doesn't mean just take off your shirt .
    See Josh isn't as clear with instruction. I was getting undressed while I was reading that. Thanks for clarifying. LOL

See Josh isn't as clear with instruction. I was getting undressed while I was reading that. Thanks for clarifying. LOL
    Oh gawd, you just made "righty tighty, lefty loosey" dirty!

Oh gawd, you just made "righty tighty, lefty loosey" dirty!
    Says the dude with the manmal toe suit (sliding down the track after falling off the sidecar)

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Says the dude with the manmal toe suit (sliding down the track after falling off the sidecar)
    Pics please. Wait, what the hell am I saying? I just wanted to see the sidecar, that's what I meant.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

some more steps completed this weekend.

GB Racing Engine Covers are on the bike

as well as the Vortex Sprocket

We found out that the R6 Radiator will not fit the body work that we are using so we will be moving on to a custom aluminum one that is 30% bigger than the stock one.

Final design of the custom subframe are expected to be finished this week.

The Versys swingarm is on the bike

and as expected it created some clearance issues with the Woodcraft rearsets.

Adam made spacers for that and it will be fixed this weekend as well.

We will also mount the rear brake reservoir delete once we see how the rearset sits with the spacers.

One of the things we are now working is the custom ram air we will be building for the bike. We have decide to go with aluminum for that. Adam & BPM have a lot of experience working with aluminum so it should be a fairly easy project.

I am also working on sorting out the wiring of the bike. It looks like there is a lot of useless wiring that according to my research adds up to 900grams! I will be experimenting with this on B Bike and once I short it out we will just transfer it over.

The Balistic Lightweight Batter will be relocated between the Swingarm and subframe, and some other electronics will also be relocated.

Key is to have the bike completely put together this coming weekend so it can be ready to be tested on April 23rd at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and most likely be raced that weekend.
    That way we can start sorting out the most important part of the build - the Suspension and Geometry.

I am hoping to have a lot more updates and photos after this coming weekend.

Ladies & Gentlemen more work from the AMAZING Adam Butler and Butler Performance Machining!!!

Exhaust hanger that also allows us to get the required clearance for the rear brake master and now the Woodcraft Rearsets work fine with the Versys Swingarm provided by souhegan valley motorsports!

BPM is the best!!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Something like that for a shirt?

That's pretty cool. I like the tagline "TT-You must see to believe" better though. Do they make them in clear for you Sav?

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    That's pretty cool. I like the tagline "TT-You must see to believe" better though. Do they make them in clear for you Sav?
    The irony right? Me trying to advertise a shirt hahaha

I'm not sure what's good with copyrights and all that so I would prob hsve to come up with soemthing instead of use that.

experimenting with the spare bike... i should probably get a very good house insurance.
    so my plan is in to start cutting piece by piece from the electrical to get it down to only the things I need. and every time I cut something to start the bike so I can make sure I dont fuck anything up royally.

If you've got the wiring diagram, you can be FAR more scientific about your cutting...

If you've got the wiring diagram, you can be FAR more scientific about your cutting...
    I do have the wiring diagram... understanding the wiring diagram and making sure I understand it though...

Stage 1 for the bike is complete and running and it will be at round 1 at NHMS in 2.5 weeks!
    Adam Butler is AMAZING! none of this would have been a reality and this is just the start.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First time ever on a Kawasaki EX650, not just launching it, first time ever riding one:

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

so stage 1 is fully completed.
    I have a completely running and safe bike to at least start at Loudon Road Race Series on April 24th.
    I will be doing Thursday Practice and thats when the suspension dial in will start as well.
    Peter Kates from Computrack Boston will be handling all the set up suspension stuff for this bike. Details will be discussed as followed.
    Right now the bike has ZX6 front end with GMD internals and Pensker Rear shock and is set up for #200. I am unforunately #160 so it will be a bit stiff for me but it is still a rideable bike that is 100%

Expectation for the motor is to be at Spears Racing within a few weeks. I have two spare motors so that will no create any issues with my racing schedule for now..

Scott Mullin has been great help and Souhegan Valley Motorsports has gotten us all the Kawasaki parts in very short time and amazing customer service. Scott really is an amazing person to deal with and his knowledge on this bikes is beyond any expectations. Very happy he decided to help us with this project.

So Adam Butler and Butler Performance Machining made a lot of parts for this bike. The highlight is the custom subframe for the bike that will be created and offered as a bolt on kit soon. It shaved 8.5lbs off the bike!! It is extremely strong and can easily be replaced in case of a crash. Adam really did a phenomenal work with this one. A sheet of aluminum will be added on the bottom to protect the harness soon too.

8.5 lbs of steel right here:

adam also assisted with creating a custom battery box and other brackets to relocate various parts:

The Vesrys swingarm bolted easily on the bike and Adam created an exhaust hanger for the Arrow Mini Twin Exhaust that also serves as a spacer for the woodcraft rearset:

Mounted everything up and fired her up! the Arrow exhaust sounds AMAZING! The motor runs strong and clean.

I am waiting on the DNA Performance Air filter to put on and then take it to Dyno Solution for John to set up the proper mapping for it..

very excited to ride it in a week and see how it moves around the track..

more updates will follow during the season..

she is now home!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!