Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

another RR

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

another RR

as usual i got there sat night where drunk jimmy decided it would be a good idea to ride inside a shopping cart down the hill into the tunnel........... he wont race in the rain but hell ride in a shopping cart

anyways.. sunday brings wet track but sunshine. i discover that the wheel Kates let me borrow is an 04 wheel thus the discs are 20mm smaller than what they should be thus explaining my shady brake feel. after some searching i find a wheel to borrow and the tire tango begins. i opt for rains since radar says they are coming. good choice as it downpours as i head out for race 6 (LWGP) we pre grid and they tell us that we have 15 min to go back and make tire choices. everyone out there was already on rains so 15 min later and the rain has all but stopped i get an awesome start and leave eveyone at the line. i do a lap or 2 when this minibike come flying past me on the outside of 1. so i turn it up and try to catch him. i start to reel him in and he gets behind some traffic and now im just waiting for my chance. as we exit 2 he breaks rule #1.... NEVER LOOK BACK!!. looks right then left.. makes eye contact with me... then i hear him open it up. at this point we are halfway to 3 and im already WFO. i pass him on the brakes into 3 and put my head down to try to put riders between us. i have a moment with a guy on a GSXR that almost takes me out twice in 3 and 4 but i get by and win by less then a second. i later find out that the "minibike" is silverdragon. good race

next race is 9 (T-bikes) dont have enough time to change tires so i go out on rains KNOWING that the track is dry. i get there too late and have to start from pit row with some other guy. we take off and i get a great start. ( i almost think you can beat them to turn 2 ) the problem is i dont know who is in my class or how many bikes there are.. so between 2 and 3 i pass about 6 bikes and proceed to pass about 2 or 3 more before the first lap is over. i push hard and then the bike almost high sides out of 12. i relax a little but still keep a good pace as i dont know where i am on the track in relation to position. i keep pushing and i can see the rubber flying off the front tire and when i come out of the bown i can feel that im missing lots of rubber on the rear. 2nd to last lap and a guy on a hawk passes me out of 12 and i motor passed him down the straight and he passes me in 2. i dont know what class he is in so i just want to keep him close since i know ive got HP on him and if im close enough out of 12 i can easily pass before the line. we come into 11 and he runs wide then tucks the front and i cruise for 1 more lap to win. rain tires are toast but thats what racin is about i guess. im hoping to be in AM next year, as long as work permits it

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

another RR

Guy on Hawk huh? Looks like it was the New guy Scott, that stinks (that he fell) Heh, he's got a bone stock motor, you won't be passing my Hawk down the straight fatboy!

I'll see ya in AM

Boston --> San Diego

another RR

For the record, I said I would take the shopping cart through the tunnel if someone would give me leathers and a helmet, but no one took the bait.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

another RR

Jeff we would have had to pull you down the hill with a car. You don't weigh enough to get it going!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

another RR

I can't beleive I missed all this shopping cart action

Clayton, I don't like that beer, it makes me sleepy

Yamaha

another RR

Originally posted by R7
    I can't beleive I missed all this shopping cart action

Clayton, I don't like that beer, it makes me sleepy
    Wow, you are bitching about free beer? Talk about ungrateful!

Clayton, I thought your beer was delicious, feel free to give me as much as you want.

And again, for the record, after hearing how much Clayton weighs saturday night, I have 30lbs on him.

Last edited by JeffL; 09-26-06 at 05:14 PM.
    I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.