Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2001 r6 cdi flash editor- has any one tried this? does anyone know of a similar one

2001 r6 cdi flash editor- has any one tried this? does anyone know of a similar one

I was at the track last Friday practice. I was trying to get this beater that i bought for a track bike working good enough for a try at racing. A gentle man with tons of experience told me that when he use to race my year bike back in the 01 error, that they was able to get racing wire harness and racing ecu or cdi for it. he said that i could manipulate it unlike the stock one. (ie adjust the timing retard per gear per rpm).needless to say most of the mechanics at my local dealer were still in high school in 2001 and have no idea as to what i am talking about. so i got lost on the web trying to find any clue to this product. i wasn't able to find a Yamaha specific unrestricted racing cdi or ecu or racing wiring harness. What i did find is this> http://www.odumspecialties.com/POWER%20BOX%20PAGE.htm < has anyone ever seen anything like this and or used it? what are the hazards? and does anybody know were i can find the Yamaha race cdi and wire harness for the 2001 r6? I am pretty sure that the gentle man that i was talking to knew what he was talking about.
    Thank you

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

I had the HRC Honda equivalent of the same thing. Pretty easy to use.

As to where you can find one? Try graves Yamaha racing and have a black credit card handy.

Re: 2001 r6 cdi flash editor- has any one tried this? does anyone know of a similar o

This is interesting!

Re: 2001 r6 cdi flash editor- has any one tried this? does anyone know of a similar o

i have a 99 r6 trackbike, and so does kumpy, basically, my logic is not to spend a lot of money on the bike anymore....it will not win any races no matter
    how much i put in it, just use it to sharpen your riding skills and this 1st gen r6 is a very good bike to do that with....as long as she runs fine. basic maintenance and such.

go ride the thing and practice, practice, practice....once you are good enough, sell it and upgrade to a newer one....my 2 cents.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
    08 CBR 1000RR street bike
    99 R6 track bike
    02 F4i sold to a nesr member

You will not ever find that ECU and harness unless someone is selling it off of an old race bike. They were only available to racers at the time on a race team and were extremely limited production, like a per case special order. They still offer them for new bikes on the same basis. It has to be purchased directly from Yamaha Racing and must be approved by them. You can get more than enough out of that bike for amature racing without it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

I had the HRC Honda equivalent of the same thing. Pretty easy to use.

As to where you can find one? Try graves Yamaha racing and have a black credit card handy.

Thank you for the feed back. I don't have a black card so im going to hang up that idea. lol

Quote Originally Posted by j4eric View Post
    i have a 99 r6 trackbike, and so does kumpy, basically, my logic is not to spend a lot of money on the bike anymore....it will not win any races no matter
    how much i put in it, just use it to sharpen your riding skills and this 1st gen r6 is a very good bike to do that with....as long as she runs fine. basic maintenance and such.

go ride the thing and practice, practice, practice....once you are good enough, sell it and upgrade to a newer one....my 2 cents.
    Thanks for the advice. I think ill use it....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
    You will not ever find that ECU and harness unless someone is selling it off of an old race bike. They were only available to racers at the time on a race team and were extremely limited production, like a per case special order. They still offer them for new bikes on the same basis. It has to be purchased directly from Yamaha Racing and must be approved by them. You can get more than enough out of that bike for amature racing without it anyway.

Thanks for that information.