Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fork Sliders?

Re: Fork Sliders?

^^^^^
    What this fool said

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Mike

05 636
    Green Machine

07 Husky sm510

Ive used supermoto engineering sliders with good success in the past. My new bike will also have a set on it. Eric hit on an important aspect that these and Im sure his will have. They are not long they are just long enough to get the job done. With the belly pan rule in affect for the motards they have also doubled as spools. Sadly for SME they are now out of business and as far as I could tell only made sets for supermoto although Im sure they could be adapted to any bike especially the fronts. As for tire changes. The rear sliders add 0 time. They are also the adjuster blocks for the chain. The front might add a couple of seconds at the most.

Up on stands

James

they are in the new 2013 Woodcraft catalog but only Ducati listed on the website so far. the pics in the catalog look like they replace the axle bolt with one that accepts a delrin slider that slides onto the end and get held on with a hitch pin. not sure how the other side is held on. I might order a set.

I have the Woodcraft axle sliders for my race bike and road bike. These install in seconds using a rubber or plastic mallet and can be left installed during tire changes. The road bike has not yet been crashed, but the track bike has exceeded the laws of physics a couple of times and the sliders did their job. Replacements are not much money and as an added bonus, the smaller axle insert fits the stock Monster handle bar end.

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77
    SeaCoast Sport Cycle | Dunlop | EBC Brakes | Vortex | Woodcraft | Armor Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Ive used supermoto engineering sliders with good success in the past. My new bike will also have a set on it. Eric hit on an important aspect that these and Im sure his will have. They are not long they are just long enough to get the job done. With the belly pan rule in affect for the motards they have also doubled as spools. Sadly for SME they are now out of business and as far as I could tell only made sets for supermoto although Im sure they could be adapted to any bike especially the fronts. As for tire changes. The rear sliders add 0 time. They are also the adjuster blocks for the chain. The front might add a couple of seconds at the most.

Up on stands

there are a couple guys making some similar to SME over on supermotojunkie...

block sliders...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-Ax...95cbba&vxp=mtr

the thread about them...
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...E-axle-sliders

thru the axle sliders...
    http://www.jerrettbellamy.com/p/for-sale.html

the thread about them...
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...iders-For-Sale

also some SME block sliders still available on jcwhitney...
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/supermoto-e...wx?filterid=j3

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    I put some on my race bike. I just used skateboard wheels and allthread through the axle hole. It cost me about 9$.
    ^^^i found some old roller skate wheels that i will probably use for this purpose if ever needed

Last edited by Point37; 03-08-13 at 09:19 AM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post

Up on stands
    i made some at work with the thought that they could double as spools. i quickly realized the flaw in this. you cant use them as spools and change the tires since they have to come off to get the axle out. the SME blocks are the same issue. once you remove the axle there is nothing holding the adjuster blocks in place. so with the axle out and the weight of the bike on the spools that are attached to the blocks, they would just pop out of the swingarm and the bike would crash to the ground

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12