Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stumped and frustrated

Re: Stumped and frustrated

I have a wrench in my garage that was torched and bent around like a candy cane then another wrench welded to. Perfect for getting top bell housing bolts on a third gen F body.

My garagemate made it and it is nasty looking lol.

Dan makes a good point, if I'm trashing on a vehicle at 3 AM and I run into a stuck bolt and I don't have the "right" tool I'm not stopping till a store opens so I can finish. Come hell or high water I'm finishing the what I wanted to get done. I have a bag of sockets I need to return to Sears cause I needed spacers for a ball joint change and that's what I had.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    I have a wrench in my garage that was torched and bent around like a candy cane then another wrench welded to. Perfect for getting top bell housing bolts on a third gen F body.

My garagemate made it and it is nasty looking lol.
    I wonder how many hours of labor removing & reinstalling parts you'd have gone through to get at those housing bolts "the right way"?

Dan makes a good point, if I'm trashing on a vehicle at 3 AM and I run into a stuck bolt and I don't have the "right" tool I'm not stopping till a store opens so I can finish. Come hell or high water I'm finishing the what I wanted to get done. I have a bag of sockets I need to return to Sears cause I needed spacers for a ball joint change and that's what I had.
    I don't give a shit if it's noon on a Sunday. If I can finish a project I started without stopping I'm going to, assuming I won't do more damage. I'm not saying I'll remove a stereo with a pocket knife, but if I've got a stubborn screw & I've got a screwdriver and hammer, or a stubborn bolt and I've got a socket and a big ass wrench that'll work as a breaker bar, I'm not going to get a hand impact for the screw or a special impact gun for the bolt (since most stubborn bolts I encounter don't leave room for my impact gun without removing silly amounts of engine and body work).

Sure, the right tool for the job is great. So's finishing the job you start without stopping to go spend extra money on specialized tools, or waiting for the next day when the places are open to go spend extra $ on specialized tools.

Quote Originally Posted by richw View Post
    Use penis trading oil then grab exposed shank with real vise grips and wa la
    WTF?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12