Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

LRRS Round 3 - NV #500 - Chris Aho

LRRS Round 3 - NV #500 - Chris Aho

Overall, the third round of the 2011 LRRS was a good one. I was my second weekend of racing, and it turned out to be a lot of fun! I beat my previous best lap time by more than a second, putting me at a 1:25 pace.

LWGP
    This was my second race overall and first one in the rain. I had DOT tires on which meant that I was still going to race, but it was going to be slippery, these were not rain tires. I treaded lightly, focusing on smoothness. Aside from a few back end step outs under braking and down-shifting I was doing alright. I think the tires had a lot more in them but I was happy to clinch 4th place intact.

GTL
    Ahh, so this is what a longer race is like - yikes. With a scorching sun I knew that my tires were going to warm up quickly, a plus if was going to get a good start. I managed what I thought was a good start only to quickly loose a couple positions by turn 2. I was settling into an ok pace, not doing as well as I had the previous weekend for lap time, but surely working for it. I was not able to keep up with the rider in third, going to be an easy race to finish in this place if I could keep it up. At about turn 3 on the last lap I notice the bike hesitates a little when I get back on the throttle. By turn 6 I realize what I had done, my bike was running out of gas and sputtering. After working for 20 minutes in sweltering heat I wasn't about to DNF on the last lap. Coming out of 12 the thing was bucking as if a three year old was playing with the kill switch. I'm saying to myself, when the rear end steps out and I get thrown off they are going to tell me how stupid it was to try to finish and I will acknowledge that as being correct. Thankfully, that didn't happen and I managed to squeeze the last few drops from the tank to cross the S/F line without loosing a position. The bike finally ignited it's last combustion on the straight and I signaled and pulled it off the track just past the T1 flaggers station. I wheeled it across hot pit and back into the paddock. I managed to get 4th place and I was damn happy for it.

LWSB
    This is where the speed came in. The riders in 1st and 2nd were untouchable by me, but the one in third was within reach. I quick pass on the inside of 6 and I was on my way to a third place. This is where I set my fastest times, but I have a feeling that they won't be there too long. The bike was feeling great and I know the tires have plenty more left grip in them.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: LRRS Round 3 - NV #500 - Chris Aho

Nice job with the 25's Chris, now let me catch up! Good pitting with you, too. And yeah, that GTL was HOT.

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Re: LRRS Round 3 - NV #500 - Chris Aho

Great job out there chris! I have no doubt you'll shave a couple more seconds off next round, the skill is def there, you just needed a full tank of gas :-)

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto