Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NV - # 558 Round 3

NV - # 558 Round 3

Man what a fun Sunday this was.

Got up the track nice and early so I was not rushing around. The weather was perfect for racing. My goal for Round 3 was to try and get into the 23’s and find some smooth in a few corners I seem to be parking it in.

First Round Practice - I get out there and right away figure out my rear tire is done. I had a feeling it was when I was at the BOMO TD Tues. & Wed… My last session out I felt the rear spin up in 4 going up the hill a few times but shrugged it off as me being tired and sloppy with my body position. I just took it easy them last sessions and concentrated on my lines & form as best I could.

Get back to my pit area and make the decision to (gulp) switch brands. I been on Pirelli’s forever. Street and track. Not an easy decision for me but I like the BOMO guys & want to show the love, and I definitely like payouts. Hell….They even offered to take them back if I did not like them, Seriously…..How can ya beat that? So what the hell sign me up!

Second practice was scrub in new tires and get some heat in them. After 2 laps I start to push them a little more each time, trying to get confidence in them. They feel a lot like the Pirelli’s, Just different. I did spin them going up 4 but once in the pits realize they had to much pressure in the tires. They seem to be very sensitive to pressures and I will be watching them more closely. I think my Pirelli’s were a little more forgiving in this area but once I learn the tires better I think they will be fine.

Race 1 - GTU

I get grid in 3B, And true to form I launch and leave the line dead last. I soooo need to practice this and get this figured out. It makes for a lot of work getting up the field like this.

Red flag 1st lap, get the restart, and true to form get into turn one dead last. Haha. I Start working my way up the field and find Stuart, I get passed him and caught up in some traffic. We play cat and mouse for a few laps, then he was getting a good gap on me and I decide to go into 3 deep before hitting the binders, I pass him and blow the corner big, I made the mistake of trying to trail brake and turn in…Didn’t go as planned & he took a gap on me again. I was definitely a little tired at this point I manage to work my way in front of him and was looking for a spot to pass one of them other front runners in 3, went for a pass in 11-12 on the second guy with only one lap to go, Shoot to the right side and stuart is doing the same move on us, that got interesting 3 wide in the 11-12 shoot…WOOT!! Stu got the drive down the straight away with me right on his tail and I remembered he brakes early for 1 so I feel I have him on the braking… Yea, that went out the window fast as I was deep into the 2 board before I hit the binders and he took turn 1 on a new line and carried a shit-ton more speed on me. He pulled a good lead on me and I just couldn’t get that position back. He had his mojo working for him on that one. Came in 5th with a PB of 1:23.9

Race 8 - HWSS

Decided to play with the big bikes for this one, Nothing exciting here at all. Typical bad launch and just couldn’t catch up to them. Every lap the one guy I could see was just pulling on me. I was hoping to run on the coat tails of the big bikes and maybe get a batter line or one of them to pull me along at a smoother/faster pace. Didn’t happen. Came in last on that one.

Race 13 - MWSS

Head into turn on last, Seems to be my position for starts. At least I avoid that cluster into turn 1 jockeying for position. I manage to get into 4th with Stu in 3rd, got a great drive out of 3 up the hill and took him heading over the hill, I was looking to push myself and the new rubber this last race. The rubber was there and so was my drive. I put my head down and and just tried to stay smooth. I looked back at the ½ way point and I was all alone. The 2 front runners were out of my sight and stu was a ways back. I swear he was closer as I kept thinking I herd him trying to set me up in the 11-12 or 1 turns. Thanks for getting in my head there Stu!!!

It pushed me to a 3rd place finish with a new PB of 1:23.8.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NV - # 558 Round 3

No Saturday races?

My 2 kids both play Baseball and are in Championship/Playoff's right now. I'm also an assistant coach for both teams. I try and stay involved with them as much as possible.

As soon as they finish (WIN!!), Saturday racing will follow and I will have an official "Pit Crew" with me at the track...

21 or 22's soon? Congratulations on your fast.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Awesome, Eric. Congrats on both the new PB and the podium finish. I look forward to riding with you at the 7/6 LAPS day.

Which group are you registering in anyway?

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Congrats dude! Had no idea you did so well, personally and on the podium. You should have swung by the garage at some point. Good for you man, finding that fast and all.

Eric, Sunday was awesome. I had a blast racing with you. If we keep pushing each other, we'll be in the teens by the end of the year. Since we have been trading places each race, I guess I better step it up next one.

Sorry I trailed off that last race, I was tired and lost concentration. Obviously your superior cardio and fitness paid off.......

Keep up the good work.

LRRS/CCS AM 636

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Obviously your superior cardio and fitness paid off.......

Keep up the good work.
    Thanks Stu... (I think) Look forward to the next race weekend with you. You make me complete out there..