Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

RSP NV #627 Last Race Weekend....

RSP NV #627 Last Race Weekend....

Goal- Keep it on two!

I only needed to do 1 race to get my 10 races in for the season and it was a good thing because it rained ALL day on Saturday. I would have loved to try racing in the rain but I don't own a set of rains yet. I have to get my spare set of rims straightened then I'll be good to go for next year with some rains!

Sunday rolls around and its shaping up to be really nice day. I go out for practice to wake up a little. The track is still wet in areas and its friggin SLICK! I was sliding in T2 with the bike practically straight up and down. Bike feels very loose as its moving around on me. Get back in the pits to find out my front tire lost 6psi and the rear lost 4psi! So I put the warmers on warm instead of hot to set my pressures this time. I set them a little lower for 2nd practice hoping they'd gain some pressure as they warmed up......nope.....lost some pressure again as they were pretty cool to the touch coming off the track.

Race #3 Middleweight Superbike
    I go out for the warmup lap and the nerves are really building...more than normal which is weird. I'm gridded on the front row so all I have to do is get a good launch but as I said the nerves are really going! Green flag flies and I'm staring at my tach.....yep, wheelied big time off the start and proceeded to carry that wheelie for quite some time. I go into T1 in 3rd get passed and settle into 4th for T2. I see Dave is up front so I just put my head down and try to catch up to him. I get by 3rd going into T3 and get by 2nd place coming out of T10 if I remember correctly. The nerves are still going at this point which is friggin weird! I can't settle down and its really screwing my riding up. My lines were TERRIBLE! I catch up to Dave and come into T3 a little too hot and pass Dave on the brakes which I didn't mean to do since we have a running joke about that. The rest of the race was me just trying get my lines back and have a smooth race which never happened and my times showed it. I was running 1-2 seconds off last race weekends pace. I had the rear end in the air coming into T3 a lot, wide in T9 and slow into T1 & T6.

On a positive I finished in 1st place! Best time for the race was a 1:20.XX

I'd like to thank everyone who came up to support us as well as:

RSP Racing
    Pirelli Tires
    TonysTrackDays

Lastly, a big thanks to John over at Dyno Solutions in Danbury! John made a custom map for my bike which gained me 3rwhp just from tuning no real mods to the bike aside from a slip on and PCIII which were already installed prior to tuning. The big difference was how smooth the power delivery is now. I'm very happy with the result!

I can't wait for next year!! I'll be with you AM guys!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

Re: RSP NV #627 Last Race Weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by JRide View Post
    The track is still wet in areas and its friggin SLICK!
    HOly shit you werent kidding. I had a few pucker moments trying to get the bike to grip.
    Congrats on the win and future bump

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.