Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Gen 2 SV650 SS

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Gen 2 SV650 SS

I am looking into selling off my Gen 1 in favor of a Gen 2 for next season and not having to mess with carbs anymore. Anyone planning on unloading their Gen 2 that I could pick up?! Super Sport preferably but I guess a SB could be an option if a deal came along that I couldnt refuse.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Re: Gen 2 SV650 SS

I have to give props to mr Tansey on this subject. Iv owned the 1st gen for almost a year now. Counting 20+ races and 5-6 TDs and I have not touched the carbs once! If you do the right set up and take care of it you ll never have issues.
    And let's be real, nobody hates carbs more than me.

650r??

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

If your looking to dump your old bike, let me know... Pending a new position at work, I may be looking to get back on track next spring.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

650R is also a possibility as I am a Kawi guy first always however the SV seems to make more sense due to the multitude of spare parts and support available at the track in the case of an incident...

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

I'm not gonna try and convince you to buy mine, but if you want to make an offer, feel free.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    I am looking into selling off my Gen 1 in favor of a Gen 2 for next season and not having to mess with carbs anymore. Anyone planning on unloading their Gen 2 that I could pick up?! Super Sport preferably but I guess a SB could be an option if a deal came along that I couldnt refuse.
    I have a 06 that with a Spears fully built engine, gsxr front , brembo master , slipper , bored throttle bodies, the new engine has one formula 50 race and a couple practices then I quit racing. Has Carrozeria wheels also,lots of parts and spares, rain tires and wheels (new rear). I think if I could spend money on it I did.
    fogged the engine and it's been sitting for 2 years. I think price would be very reasonable.
    email orion899@verizon.net with any ?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by orion899 View Post
    I have a 06 that with a Spears fully built engine, gsxr front , brembo master , slipper , bored throttle bodies, the new engine has one formula 50 race and a couple practices then I quit racing. Has Carrozeria wheels also,lots of parts and spares, rain tires and wheels (new rear). I think if I could spend money on it I did.
    fogged the engine and it's been sitting for 2 years. I think price would be very reasonable.
    email orion899@verizon.net with any ?
    Mike
    I wish this was Gen1 then I could buy it and would have 2 of almost the exact same bikes. lol

I am looking at several SVs as I am also in the market... Mike I sent you an email.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Buy mine CEO

ok so since I saw this post it's officially for sale. I'll start with the engine it has a Spears 678 kit, spears supersport head work, bored throttle bodies, Web race cams with spears adj. gears, carillo rods, spears lightened and balanced crank and flywheel, spears headbolts, leo vince exhaust, power commander. pretty sure I did everything spears said to have a 90 horse dependable engine. would like to ask about $5000 for everything, and it's got everything. By the way the bike was a salvage with 40 miles when I got it with a bent fork which Peter Kates put a gsxr total front end on which he reworked, Penske shock also.
    Thanks
    Mike Tybur

just a fyi I will be posting my 03 SV650 SS along with everything else later today or tomorrow as I am getting out.

LOL