Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WTB - Vanson or Heroic leathers - 44 or 46?

Re: WTB - Vanson or Heroic leathers - 44 or 46?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Lion Heart, and whatever they were called before....Speed 21 or something like that.
    they're the knock off suits from the same manufacturer in Pakastan, just like Heroic leathers.

I spoke to someone recently who was contacted from their factory asking if they wanted to be a leather retailer. they just use the same templates to make the suit & slap on your own brand logo.

Pilot Leathers (correct me if i'm wrong) is made in the USA, and they've been around WAY longer than Heroic.
    Ok, cool. Yep, Lionheart looks to be higher on the knock-off scale even without knowing that they're from the same factory. Suits are even more similar to heroic than Pilot. "Lionheart" vs "Heroic" and the black and white lion logo vs the black and white trident logo are suspect.

Sucks to design something and have somebody free ride on your hard work. I think it's down to Heroic vs. Pilot, and I'm very tempted to just pull the trigger on a Pilot this afternoon...

WTB  - Vanson or Heroic leathers - 44 or 46?-excalibur-220x220-pngWTB  - Vanson or Heroic leathers - 44 or 46?-hratrax-2t-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

if you call Pilot, ask them if they can do a double zipper chest on their suits. that's what i'm looking into for 2015

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

EX 105

LionHeart and Heroics are made in the same factory.
    More info about Lionheart-
    http://www.bandofriders.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=80797
    http://www.bandofriders.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=81237

I can't say whether or not Pilot is made in the US or not. I can say they're customer service was great when I ordered my suit in 2010.
    I can also say Todd (Heroic) told me Josh (Pilot) asked him if they could copy his gloves. Todd said no and wouldn't you know it Pilot still has no race gloves cause they didn't just knock them off anyway.

Pretty sure I'm gonna buy another Pilot this winter. I think I've said that before but that's how happy I am with the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    if you call Pilot, ask them if they can do a double zipper chest on their suits. that's what i'm looking into for 2015
    Can you tell me what you like so much about the double zipper?

I've worn both - the Dainese somebody gave me (too small) and rented Vansons were double zipper chest - the Kobe I just crashed in (and busted the chest zipper and got rash on my shoulder) was single.

I don't know which I like more - the Dainese seemed a little harder to get into but probably because of the size, and I'm not sure if the single vs. double zipper had anything to do with the Kobe popping a zipper.

I would have thought that the double zipper would be easier to let "hang off" your waist between sessions, but that doesn't seem to be the case. PS - I'm going to look into having somebody sew in some sort of suspenders so I don't have to wear a big funky tie-down belt in between sessions. I've tried everything else to keep my leathers up, but they just don't want to stay there if I'm airing out.

Both Pilot and Heroic seem to only offer the single zipper option. Would probably go with Vanson if that was the deciding factor, no?

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

if you see my Heroic, you'll know that Todd will make a double zipper chest.
    i really struggle with the center zipper with wider shoulders. the double zipper really helps me out. also, i can wear my sleeves and unzip my chest flap when i want to stay in the suit and get some air.

EX 105

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12