Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

New girl in town

Re: New girl in town

Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    i fuckin love you.
    whys that?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by want2Bbikergirl View Post
    i didn't think so either
    It's important to have a sense of humor around here. Also, are you going to get out of your own thread and post? We have many other interesting forums/topics on NESR that will be much more useful to you if you want to learn about bikes.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

i like when you talk shit to Jay. it makes me feel all warm inside.
    lol so does this mean i dont have to play nice all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    It's important to have a sense of humor around here. Also, are you going to get out of your own thread and post? We have many other interesting forums/topics on NESR that will be much more useful to you if you want to learn about bikes.
    If she starts wandering around the threads going on right now she is bound to find a couple pictures of balls

lol so does this mean i dont have to play nice all the time?
    If you play nice all the time you won't last long here.

Unofficial self proclaimed official NESR plumber.

"Ah shit son, datz be a Ducati!"-Random kid in Methuen.

Welcome. I'm from Burlington too, just took up riding last year and really like it. Put 5,000 miles on last season, have 5,000 on so far this season. Did one track day, am headed to another in a few weeks.

My first bike was a Ninja 500, great starter bike. I HIGHLY recommend doing the MSF course before trying to ride at all, I tried learning before my MSF course and - picked up some bad habits and dropped my bike a lot. Lost all confidence, too, it made the process so much harder.

Anyway, you can look for a bike now or during the winter and probably get a deal. Gives you some time to find a good one. I got my first bike from Roadside and they were GREAT to work with - I didn't know anything about bikes and they never made me feel stupid and were very patient explaining things to me and making sure the bike I got was a good fit. (Depending on how tall you are you may have to adjust the height of your bike, it's something most of us gals come across when getting bikes.)

I now have an SV650S and love it. Learning to ride is a process. Even people who have been riding many years are still learning. Try to be patient.

Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by BCT748 View Post
    If she starts wandering around the threads going on right now she is bound to find a couple pictures of balls

If you play nice all the time you won't last long here.
    The balls are only in Off Topic..LOL She said she wants to learn and get advices...yet since she joined hours ago I have seen her screen name showing up in THIS thread only. Get out there girl, go read some useful stuff!

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

The balls are only in Off Topic..LOL She said she wants to learn and get advices...yet since she joined hours ago I have seen her screen name showing up in THIS thread only. Get out there girl, go read some useful stuff!
    Balls are useful stuff, they hold the baby batter

Balls are useful stuff, they hold the baby batter
    They're not useful anymore when you put the baby batter in a test tube and freeze it.

They're not useful anymore when you put the baby batter in a test tube and freeze it.
    I've heard that it is good for females hair and complexion

Okay... welcome new girl... start wit a 250 (I bought mine for $500, used it for a season, and turned around and sold it...) Went to something bigger (2004 CBR 600f4i)... then went to something better (2005 CBR 600rr), and still have it. I beat the shit out of the first two bikes, learned a lot... it's the smartest way to go, don't want to hurt yourself or anyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by jnm988 View Post
    You can get on mine I'm a girl... I'm pretty harmless
    Jackie? Harmless?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese-GSXR View Post
    Welcome to NESR and congrats on choosing a screen name that doesn't show your gender. Oh wait, disregard the latter.
    once again cheese...

If you ain't first......you're last!

I've heard that it is good for females hair and complexion
    you guys will use any excuse huh?

you guys will use any excuse huh?
    You call it an excuse, I call it science.

no you didn't.

yes you did.

yes the smaller bikes are forgiving, but don't let them fool you. you can get hurt or killed on any bike. i've crashed my gs500 1...2....3...4...5....5 times now. no six times. my other bike once, but we don't talk about that one.
    so question....does mostly everybody crash their first bike?

Some do, some don't. People like to say that "there are two types of riders. Those who have gone down and those who will." You have to accept the risks if you plan on riding.

No, they often drop it. And dropping a bike can do some serious damage, it seems rather silly but its the sad sad truth. Remember: when stopping, keep your eyes up and looking forward!! don't look at the ground...

Quote Originally Posted by -jro- View Post
    No, they often drop it. And dropping a bike can do some serious damage, it seems rather silly but its the sad sad truth. Remember: when stopping, keep your eyes up and looking forward!! don't look at the ground...
    i am not afraid of dropping it because i know that i am going to have to get use to it and being so short and everything i figure its going to take a little bit to get use to the bike. Ill learn and im not worried about people laughing cause i know most people probably already have

Quote Originally Posted by CBR_Knight View Post
    the serious damage might be mainly due to how expensive some of the fairings can be for many of the sportbikes...... and of course how much u are willing to put into repairing them
    Go price clip ons, levers, rear sets engine covers, mirrors and anything else you can think of that might get hit just by tipping over.

I don't think everyone crashes it...but I'd be willing to bet that damn near everyone drops it at least once.

Some of us learn more slowly than others in that regard...it took dropping my bike in the garage twice before I came to the conclusion that I should just park it nose-in after long rides and turn it around when I'm going out again (and not tired, cold, etc).

I've only dumped it once, and that was attempting to practice emergency stops from 50 MPH and doing a whole lot of things wrong (first, I didn't practice a few at lower speed first and work my way up; second, I was riding on cold tires; third, I locked up at least one wheel...and the list goes on...let's just say in some regards I was being pretty dumb). My smart thought pattern in that process, though, was to be fully geared up at the time (sport boots and leathers); despite getting a foot caught under the bike for part of the slide and continuing to slide for what seemed like a very long ways, I walked away unhurt. Not everyone crashes; some people are bright enough not to make so many mistakes at once (and as they teach in the MSF, most crashes are a confluence of multiple factors).

(As I understand the terms, a drop occurs with virtually no speed, often the result of brain freeze such as hanging a foot up on the backpack strapped to your passenger seat or forgetting to put the sidestand down all the way before walking away from the bike; a dump occurs with speed, such as attempting to occupy the same space as a moose on Rt 100; both of the above can scratch and/or crack plastic, but a drop is unlikely to cause any functional impairments to the bike).

Oh, and to clear things up: I haven't ridden 11 or 12k yet this season; I just turned over 10k tonight. I do, however, attempt to thoroughly flog my 250 on a regular basis, and highly recommend the venerable Ninjette as a great bike to learn on.

i am not afraid of dropping it because i know that i am going to have to get use to it and being so short and everything i figure its going to take a little bit to get use to the bike. Ill learn and im not worried about people laughing cause i know most people probably already have
    Good attitude- but trust me, even when it happens...it's still a little embarrassing lol. And make sure you know how to pick that puppy back up...or else you'll really start

that is true

a good investment that may save some of the above items and maybe the fairings in the event of a zero speed or low speed spill are frame sliders
    Frame sliders are not fairing sliders. They aren't meant to protect the fairings, they would do a pretty shitty job of it if they were. Some frame sliders can actually bend the frame if they dig in during a slide.

no you didn't.
    Yes I did! Knocked em over standing still... dropped the f4i doing u-turns, wide turns, no turns... Dropped it accelerating through a green light (don't know what I did) ... Realized how important it was to have a kick plate... ... it looked like shit when the insurance company totalled it...

If you ain't first......you're last!

the serious damage might be mainly due to how expensive some of the fairings can be for many of the sportbikes...... and of course how much u are willing to put into repairing them
    A soldering iron works rather well on a cracked Ninjette fairing, especially if you're not terribly concerned about cosmetics. I'm sure somebody who's actually good at soldering-type activities (I'm not) would actually be able to make things look decent.

The peg brackets on a Ninjette are unlikely to break from a drop, methinks--the pegs being hinged should prevent substantial force being applied, mirrors might get scuffed but should be okay...in short, my experience has been that dropping the bike is usually just going to scuff things up, if it does anything noticeable at all. (and yes, I'm going to knock on wood now that I've said that.)

So again, I heartily endorse the Ninjette. It's usually easy to fix and to find parts for, too.

Some people crash their first bike, their second bike, their third bike . . . .

My lesson learned the hard way: when parking, make sure the kick stand is down before attempting to get off the bike

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

Frame sliders are worth it.

They'll either save your bike from serious damage or total it completely by bending the frame (depending on how they're mounted).

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    So again, I heartily endorse the Ninjette. It's usually easy to fix and to find parts for, too.
    I had the 2005 Ninja 500 and didn't have the same experience. It was almost impossible to find aftermarket parts for the bike. I tried to find no-cut frame sliders but couldn't. I did have to replace a lever or two, easy to get aftermarket stuff at Roadside. I had Washburn's auto body (Williston) fix the plastics (one of my drops put the bike on the curb - bike okay, fairing really scratched). It cost only a fraction of what it would have been to get a new one and was just a great job I couldn't tell where the damage had been. Looked brand new! The replacement sticker wasn't cheap though.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast