Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

had my first track experience

Nice TT's

had my first track experience

as some of you read on friday i popped my track cherry. i took the penguin race school for beginners and absolutly loved it. on the streety im pretty comfortable in my abilities and knowing what to do. after taking that class talking to the instructors about my issues (and even denno) i realized what i need to do to become a better rider now. as far as the school it was awesome i know somepeople have reviewed it prior but i just liked how it was set up, in our follow the leader group we had 2 kids for every 1 instructor in that. got my self alot faster in the corners and even dragged both knees and a left toe slider haha. here are some pics. gonna head up in june again for 2 open sessions
    oh fyi its me on the blue triumph with the white agv rossi doctor helmet**

http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01371.JPG
    http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01372.JPG
    http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01399.JPG
    http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01398.JPG
    http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01381.JPG
    http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01378.JPG
    http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01393.JPG
    http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01392.JPG
    http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01391.JPG
    http://sergioadiaz.com/daniel/duffy/DSC01390.JPG

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by duff daddy; 05-14-08 at 06:45 PM.

Re: had my first track experience

Trackday Pusher- "Congratulations. Lookin' good. Now, GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FIRST BORN"

duff daddy - "Thanks! How would you like that? Check, cash, small denominations???"

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Hmm....any way you could be nice enough to resize your pictures? (I mean, make them even more BIGGER....)

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Nice TT's

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Trackday Pusher- "Congratulations. Lookin' good. Now, GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FIRST BORN"

duff daddy - "Thanks! How would you like that? Check, cash, small denominations???"
    huh? im super confused

track day pusher, or track dealer, or tony as he is sometimes called...basicly you might as well just start having part of your pay check direct deposited to to Tonys, or penguine or any number of other fine track day perveyors.

welcome to the addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Weasel View Post
    track day pusher, or track dealer, or tony as he is sometimes called...basicly you might as well just start having part of your pay check direct deposited to to Tonys, or penguine or any number of other fine track day perveyors.

welcome to the addiction
    Yes...exactly...spoken tongue in cheek....thank you for explaining....!!!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Nice TT's

i looked at the tony's and i dont like how its set up with limited of where you can pass and where you cant, alot of the "no passing zones" are where i did alot of movement (turn 9 and 10) but oh well well find somewhere else if penguin doesnt work out all the time

You should consider removing the images so others can chime in on this thread.... easier.

As for my passing rules... you can pass in 9 and 10 in YELLOW AND BLUE GROUP.

The only thing you can't do is stuff someone up the inside of 10.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Nice TT's

Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    You should consider removing the images so others can chime in on this thread.... easier.

As for my passing rules... you can pass in 9 and 10 in YELLOW AND BLUE GROUP.

The only thing you can't do is stuff someone up the inside of 10.
    huh, i thought i understood the passing map on the display but i guess i didnt. but def something to think about. i liked passing there alot and then 11a 11 and 12 alot tooooo

You don't pass in turn 12... you STUFF in Turn 12.

And that's why we don't allow it.

Passing in 11 is allowed at our dates too.

Make sure you're looking at the yellow/blue group map... second one down on this page.

Passing Rules

Then again, if you're a new track rider and worrying so much about the passing areas... we truly may not be the right place for you.

Good luck!

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

hey duff,

i was watching you in a couple of spots out there....

try out a tony's - i know it feels like you're rossi out there the first time on the track, but believe me, if you move up to a yellow or blue group at tony's, you won't be worrying about passing as people will be blowing by you! no offense, its just that the penguin school gets a a good amount of very slow, scared, inexperienced riders out there and if you feel pretty comfy you will pass people everywhere and pick up some bad habits in the mean time!

do a tonys in the red group and you will learn so much more by getting down the proper line and technique, rather then passing everyone and their uncle at a penguin school!

Denno

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    hey duff,

try out a tony's - i know it feels like you're rossi out there the first time on the track, but believe me, if you move up to a yellow or blue group at tony's, you won't be worrying about passing as people will be blowing by you! no offense, its just that the penguin school gets a a good amount of very slow, scared, inexperienced riders out there and if you feel pretty comfy you will pass people everywhere and pick up some bad habits in the mean time!

do a tonys in the red group and you will learn so much more by getting down the proper line and technique, rather then passing everyone and their uncle at a penguin school!

Denno
    I was thinkin' the same thing...cept I didnt have the benefit of actually seeing him!

Learning to pass when you can't pass everyone everywhere taught me more about how to set up a pass safely and effectively....pretty satisfying to set up a liter bike and pass em after a turn on my little air cooled twin...even if they do own me on the straight!!!

Muhammad Ali.

Glad you had fun. You will indeed get a lot out of attending another type of track day. At a Tony's track day we can also work with you on correcting your body position.

Nice TT's

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    hey duff,

Denno
    in most of thoes pic's i can see what you mean by my head denno, and yea your right i should have been as worried as i was with people out there and were i can and cant pass. my job doesnt allow me to take alot of days off even though i have 3 weeks of vacation and have only used one day ... so i need to plan my days accordingly i think what i might do is see if i can just go up for a TTD and just watch if i cant race ie getting the day off or the money and just see what its about. def didnt mean to come off the wrong way to you guys and i do want to give it a chance.

Triumph power :o)