Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Portland-Rockland and points N.E. Maine

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Portland-Rockland and points N.E. Maine

Anyone been up that way? Cool restaurant suggestions? Goin' up there for a few days when the weather clears Friday. 72-80-80 F-S-S (according to WBZ, that is) not to be squandered, right? Watched Anthony Bourdaine on Travel Channel today, the bastard was wolfin' wicked steamers and lobstahs all over Maine in Portland and Rockland, J. Oyster's and a few others, said steamahs and Lobstahs bein' right up my alley. Got to get me some of THAT! Looks like pretty remote country up there above Portland. Not so remote?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Portland-Rockland and points N.E. Maine

If you're staying along the coast, then it's pretty remote past Rockland. Good seafood is easy to find though.

2017 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Cages: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Diesel, 2005 Escalade

Bullfeeney's in portland is a pretty decent bar. had live music last time i was up there and cheap beer. full of hippies.

Dave
    '04 R6

Great Lost Bear is a good local brewery with good burgers. I'll be in Portland Friday and Saturday. There are surprisingly a good amount of bars in the Old Port.

Quote Originally Posted by toocrazy2yoo View Post
    Anyone been up that way? Cool restaurant suggestions? Goin' up there for a few days when the weather clears Friday. 72-80-80 F-S-S (according to WBZ, that is) not to be squandered, right? Watched Anthony Bourdaine on Travel Channel today, the bastard was wolfin' wicked steamers and lobstahs all over Maine in Portland and Rockland, J. Oyster's and a few others, said steamahs and Lobstahs bein' right up my alley. Got to get me some of THAT! Looks like pretty remote country up there above Portland. Not so remote?
    The Waterfront Restaurant in Camden, 10 mins north of Rockland on Rte 1. Great food and awesome spot on Camben Harbor. I wouldn't waste my time in Rockland, I think the Bourdain thing was during the annual lobster fest there. Alot of good riding in that area too if you get away from Rte 1.

Oasis is a decent bar when the weather is warm, 51 is a dance club essentially if that is what you are looking for. Wharf street is the central area in downtown portland, most of the bars are pretty close to there.

Bintliff's American Cafe, located on Portland Street in Portland, is kick-ass. Their brunch, served all week, is worth the visit. I would also recommend Silly's on Washington Street---sort of bohemian, lots of great food, great scene.

Whilst in Rockland, it would be required to dine at Primo, located on South Main Street. Absolutely fantastic. I hope to get over to Maine on my bike this summer, or even better, the fall.

hit up route 1 all the way to bah habah guy

Shaw's Lobster in New Harbor.

Tx, all. I printed all ths joints you doods mentioned, gonna take em along. Well, the weather's liable to go away mid-day Sunday, I'm gonna empty the bike at a motel in Wells soon's I get up there friday morning and take it from there. Wanna do Ocean along Kennebunk, then hit Portland and Rockland Saturday take pics, shit like dat. There's a joint called J's Oyster I gotta hit for Steamahs in Portland, too. Bah Hahbah is gonna be too far out for this and probably a little chillier than I need to deal with. It's a long summer. This is a good time cause there's no touristos. I know we need the touristos, but it's good when they're not around.

If you make it Bah Habah...let me know. I live here and the ride through the pahk is wicked sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by toocrazy2yoo View Post
    Tx, all. I printed all ths joints you doods mentioned, gonna take em along. Well, the weather's liable to go away mid-day Sunday, I'm gonna empty the bike at a motel in Wells soon's I get up there friday morning and take it from there. Wanna do Ocean along Kennebunk, then hit Portland and Rockland Saturday take pics, shit like dat. There's a joint called J's Oyster I gotta hit for Steamahs in Portland, too. Bah Hahbah is gonna be too far out for this and probably a little chillier than I need to deal with. It's a long summer. This is a good time cause there's no touristos. I know we need the touristos, but it's good when they're not around.
    Yup the touristers are the major drawback to this place! I guess it's a neccessary evil though.

02 ZX750R & 08 KX450F

Nah, man, it's ok. I just booked Kennebunkport. No tourists, should be easy to get around up there from Kennebunk to Rockland. Nice and central to where I wanna go in every direction. Gotta hit Mabel's Lobstah Claw in between road blasts. Looks like no shortage of clams and lobstahs up there.

Tx for the replies all.

Ok the date is Tuesday, June 1st. Meet at Hannaford Forest Ave parking lot at 5:30pm......ride to Bucks Naked BBQ in Freeport. How does this sound for everyone? I am excited to finally meet some other riders in the area!

Green Black White 09' Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGod View Post
    Ok the date is Tuesday, June 1st. Meet at Hannaford Forest Ave parking lot at 5:30pm......ride to Bucks Naked BBQ in Freeport. How does this sound for everyone? I am excited to finally meet some other riders in the area!
    Well, I'm ugly, but I'm in! My grrrlfriend likes BBQ, so she's in, too! Best smoked pig, chicken and brisket I've had since leaving Va. last fall is MINE. After that, Tennessee BBQ on 114 in Danvers is pretty good! Buck's must be good! So how far's the ride?