Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

rambling thoughts about riding yesterday...

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Took all three bikes out for rides yesterday. Even gave each of my kids a ride on my 9R while it was snowing a little. Felt good to get out again and I saw quite a few bikes while I was out.

Took quite a few tries to bet my Concours started. I think it needs a new battery. The Bandit fired right up though. I hadn't touched it since November, not even a trickle charge, and it fired up and ran perfectly on the second stab of the starter button. I'd ridden the 9 a couple of weeks prior so it started right up.

There was a strong west wind and I got the Bandit 400 up to 123 MPH (indicated) at 12200 RPM in sixth gear while headed east. That's the fastest I've ever ridden it and it felt nice and smooth. Don't think I'll ever part with that bike. It's a riot to ride. Turns like a dirt bike with the leverage the wide bars provide.

Hope some of you folks had a chance to get out too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

There was a strong west wind and I got the Bandit 400 up to 123 MPH (indicated) at 12200 RPM in sixth gear while headed east. That's the fastest I've ever ridden it and it felt nice and smooth. Don't think I'll

I like the extra power you get in cooler air, on Saturday when I rode, my SV was pulling easy wheelies

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

couldn't fire up

I tried to go for a ride on Saturday... put the key in..lights turned on.. blinker on.. Turned the key to the ignition piece and NOTHING... didn't even turn over..

Anyone ever do a jump with a car battery while the car is off? How safe is that?

J

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Anyone ever do a jump with a car battery while the car is off? How safe is that?
    Completely safe to do. The car battery produces 12 volts just like the bike battery. The only difference is that the car battery can produce a whole lot more current. Current draw is dependant on the load (the bike) though so it won't tap into the current reserve of the car battery even though it's available.