Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

04 Deals Gap trip in May

holy shit i'm posting something

hey guys(it's jon), hope today went well. i just got back from my shitty graduation, definitely not worth leaving the gap early. damn being back in MA sucks, no fun roads, shitty masshole drivers everywhere, and no nice hotties, i miss it already. Definitely sign me up for next year! Just wanted to thank wastedincome for picking me and my shit up after I got nice and personal with the NC pavement. Also thanks rmbbikes for letting me ride your beast and taking mine to get it fixed up. HA now you’re addicted to sv’s... what have i done I might know someone selling one…. Also, skiiery, halfsquid, and randyo, thanks for dealing with my newbness and giving suggestions.

Hey clay, can you check your car to see if I forgot my camera in it. Halfsquid, once I get my camera back, I’ll post your video. I hope it comes out as good as it looks...

Take it easy guys, keep the shiny side up.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Awesome! Glad everyone made it back safely.

I'm from Tennessee, so I know all about why Mass sucks compared to down there.

Yup.

04 Deals Gap trip in May

hopefully everyone makes it back safely, wastedincome, randyo, skiiery, halfsquid and rmbbikes should be heading back up here today. theiglu and i had to come back early because of his girl's graduation and mine. last i heard, they were throwing around the idea of staying a couple of days later, not too sure if that's going to happen.

back now

We are back in town now (half Squid, rmbbikes and myself). We departed Robbinsville last night at 9:10 and arrived after non stop driving this afternoon at around 1:22pm. The drive back was no fun but when you see some of the stuff we taped you will see why it is worth every minute of the 16+ hour drive. It will take awhile to sift through the pics and videos. I think the plan is that we are going to get everything together on one disc and then have a friend edit it and then make some copies. As most people know, you intend to take lots of photos and video and the riding was just so fun we did not get as much as we wanted too.

There is already talk of heading down in September or October for a long weekend (leave on a Wednesday night and head home Monday morning or something like that), so if anyone is interested speak up!

Thats it for now, I need to take a nap!!!

BTW, the dragon is the most demanding and most exciting road that I have ever been on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton, I am ready for you!

Jamie

2004 Gap crew (except Bruce, sorry man)

Here you go

KB

For you! It seems the dragon took a lot out of you and you are showing some pain from the bite!

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Mark & I made it back about 4pm, we left a bit earlier than the other guys at about 6:30 but backtracked to Robbinville for gas rather than cutting thru Joyce Kilmer road but we were in Knoxville by 9pm.. it takes freeking forever to drive thru Virginia. we saw spectacular lightning at a distance but did not get rained on at all on the way home...

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I may be interested in that. I've thought about it seriously for the last few days. I may even go out and buy a truck so that i have a way to get the bike down there.

Keep me posted... and lets see those pics!

Yup.

04 Deals Gap trip in May

tore apart the sv today. after looking it over, fixing it up shouldn't be too bad. it looks like i'll just need a new headlight assembly and then patch up some of the plastic and i should be golden. if anyone knows of a good suzi dealer, drop me a line. i'll hopfully pick up the headlight assembly at some point this week. i'd post before and after pics but i had to be a dumbass and forget my damn camera in iglu's car.

skiierx good to hear you guys made it back, sounds like saturday was a kick ass ride. i might be up for a weekend trip back down there, but it would depend on the job situation. assuming by then i have a job, i may not be able to get time off so soon after starting.

damn man, what did you do to rmbbikes after we left? looks like you guys had a little too much fun. i KNOW he couldn't be sore from riding his couch

SV killer in training...

Re: holy shit i'm posting something

Originally posted by downtime6
    hey guys(it's jon), hope today went well. Just wanted to thank wastedincome for picking me and my shit up after I got nice and personal with the NC pavement.
    Hey Jon, Good to see you posting now ....BTW NO Problem with helping ya out when you decided to do some asphalt surfing. I'm just glad I was able to be ther to help and that it wasnt as serious as it looked from my eyes.....
    Sat. had some good high lights.......I dropped my rear tire 3 PSI and hit up the dragon kinda early....I had a hell of a good time tearing it up I was running 10 times better then the other days and even ended up scraping pegs a dozen times in a row......I was in a groove.....THEN............On a run back up I was going along really good and coming out of a left hand hairpin when I glance in my mirror to catch a bike behind me down and spinning in the road.....I locked the binders up to catch a pull over spot in order to run after the rider and his bike (which after spining and sliding came to a stop in the middle of the raod).....The rider (wearing FULL leathers and gear) was OK and his bike came out with only a broken shifter (like KB's) and a scrape on the engine side cover......The brand new frame sliders did the trick and he ground down em' bout 3".......... Amazinly ther was a video camera mounted on the pass. rear peg on the side that went down and it came out still working and un broken.....The rider was a Local from Marysville that runs the gap twice a week and even he got bit by the dragon......Strange part was as I was trying to get the guy calmed down and gave him something to drink he was trying to show me the replay from his cam-corder, of the view of me in front of him and the crash.......
    Any how I'm beat from the drive home....
    Randy & I have some pics that we will work on getting posted

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

04 Deals Gap trip in May

This work crap is over rated, lets go back to Deals..
    I am still exhuasted. Yesterday afternoon after I unloaded, unpacked and dropped the trailer I took a shower and camped out on the couch. I couldn't even get enough energy to change the channel on the tv, what ever was on stayed on.. Ended up sleeping for a few hours then downloaded my pics to my pc. Hopefully tonight I can keep my computer running on line long enough to upload them and get them printed and also post some up here as well. Just a couple...

Once I get all my pics uploaded I'll put up the link so people can view or get some printed for themselves.

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I went out to dinner with the girlfriend. Then I came home and tried to keep my eyes open. I made it until about 5:00pm then the next thing I remember was waking up in my bed at 10:00pm thinking it was time to go to work.

This work thing is WAY overrated. I want to go back to Deals Gap and ride the bag out of that dragon a few hundred more times.

I heart the dragon. I showed it who was boss!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by rmbbikes

This work thing is WAY overrated. I want to go back to Deals Gap and ride the bag out of that dragon a few hundred more times.

KB

I couldn't agree with you more I wanna go back NOW It figures that on the last day was whenI was finally gettin my groove on w/ da dragon......

Honda (RC26) VFR700

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Hey Jamie,
    Where is that big red flashlight of Randy's that I let you borrow????????? We tried to hunt it down before we left but it never popped up

Honda (RC26) VFR700

re

The flashlight was in my truck but before we left it made its way to Mikes trailer.

Bruce

Re: re

Originally posted by mycirus
    The flashlight was in my truck but before we left it made its way to Mikes trailer.

Bruce

Huh, I even took a peek in your truck through the windows only as I didn't dare try and open a door as I could picture a alarm going off for hours before you guys returned to the house....I didnt want that.....
    So It sounds like we'll have to retrive the flash lite from Mike at some point.....
    Thanks Bruce for letting me know what happened to it. Did yo end up staying Sat. nite????

Honda (RC26) VFR700

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I want videos!

I'm gunna toss up all the pictures I took up on my website so you vulchers can rape them from me if you want,

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

04 Deals Gap trip in May

yea i agree, this whole being back in MA thing sucks. Definately need to head back to the Gap for a rematch.

SV killer in training...

another trip

So let me propose another trip down there this fall! Who would be interested? I am thinking September or early October.

Go ahead and post up ideas, if we should do a full week or just a super long weekend.

Jamie

Re: another trip

Originally posted by skiierx
    So let me propose another trip down there this fall! Who would be interested? I am thinking September or early October.

Go ahead and post up ideas, if we should do a full week or just a super long weekend.

Jamie

How could I NOT be intrested in going back down this year!!!
    The mention of a fall trip, sounds awesome........I way I see it kooler air will mak ethe bikes run better and maybe with the leaves off the tree's I can picture some better vision into the twist's......

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Re: Re: another trip

Originally posted by RandyO
    How could I NOT be intrested in going back down this year!!!
    The mention of a fall trip, sounds awesome........I way I see it kooler air will mak ethe bikes run better and maybe with the leaves off the tree's I can picture some better vision into the twist's......

Damn it I forgot to sign the ol' man off before I posted the above message

Honda (RC26) VFR700

04 Deals Gap trip in May

...I'm not sure if anybody other then Randy, & myself got a chance to meet the "Next" group that arrived at Treetops & ridgetop.
    But I went up to the ridgetop house to look for "da flash lite" and chatted a bit w/ them.....
    They are from a group Tristateriders.com.
    Any how I was just informed that they had 3 riders go down on the first day ALL the riders & bikes are ok and from the sounds of it they are all back to riding.....
    It's just soo hard to comprhend the level of danger while down there.... Just figured I'd share the info

Honda (RC26) VFR700

04 Deals Gap trip in May

3 down the first day??? That sucks. They were fore warned by us about the roads, I guess they didn't believe us... There is really no comparison to any roads I have ever seen around here, the roads down south are a lot more tecnical with limited if any vision around corners. Glad they are ok.

Hey Mark, I didn't see the flashlight in my trailer? I'll look again.

Well I got my Disposable pics printed and on disk, going to get my digital ones done tonight. I am having technical issue's with my home pc so as soon as I can post some pics I'll let everyone know where they are.. (Clayton, when can you check this p.o.s. out?)

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Jamie has the flashlight at his house.

Calyton, where's the pics? Did you get that ZRX minted out yet?

I'm down for a Gap trip. That ride sucks balls however!!!

Those guys had 3 guys go down on the first day? That blows. I think 2 of em had Busa's and 1 a Gix1k. Glad they are ok.

I was hanging out on the picnic table corner for quite a while on Saturday an I was amazed at how many people cannot ride. It's amazing that more people don't get dead on that road. I am by no means an expert or anything, but some of those people were scaring me!!

I had an awsome time and thanks for talking me into going. All I can think about are the awesome roads. I have been running the gap 3 or 4 times a day in my mind. I'm faster than ever. I'm going after the locals next year.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

My DSL went down last night due to the thunder storms. Should have the pic's up tonight if Verizon isn't being gay.

Part is on order for the ZRX, no idea when it's gunna ship though. New tires will be here friday.

Mike, what day is good for you this week? I'm workin till 5:30 every day, but after that I'm free. I'll get that beast runnin mint.

October/September? OH HELL YES.

I think my dad is considering goin down the same time......maybe I'll see him in passing down there....

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport