Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

3-4 day Meander

3-4 day Meander

My kids go to camp for two weeks soon and my wife is going home for a few days. So I want to meander around New England or a little farther. I don't want to have to pound down the slab for hours, and will probably camp each night.

I've ridden around NH and VT quite a bit, and coastal Maine up to Acadia. Never ridden in the Adirondacks.

Any suggestions about a 3-4 day loop from Boston?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 3-4 day Meander

I'll be interested in the responses - I've got a week and a half off and might do a one-nighter myself.

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

In the absence of any other ideas I think I'll just make a big clockwise circle - Boston - NW CT - Central VT - N NH - Aroostook - Downeast - home.

You can go here and grab a Garmin file from a DAKS ride. It gets you to Lake Placid and then out to Thousand Islands and The Canadian Sky Tower just across the border. What you might want to do is head west to the Hudson then south to New Paltz. From there west and north throught the Catskills and up to the DAKS. Anywhere in the DAKS or Catskills is entertaining. Then back at the Ft. Ticondaroga ferry and through Vermont. If you don't have a Garmin, Google Maps is a fine way to create routes. Basecamp from Garmin is free and that works pretty well too.

Or, you can go old school. Get a NY State and Vermont Paper map, mark up some routes, put it on your map holder on your tank bag, and have at it....!!! I still like that method though it's been ages since I've done a route that way!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.