Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

need some help with my rear seat

need some help with my rear seat

Bought a used bike that came stock with a solo cowl and a rear seat and the solo fits perfect but while the rear seat locks in properly ther is about a 1" gap between the seat and the fender. Almost as if it sat in a hot garage and the plastic underneath got warped and started to bend upwards if that makes any sense? I'm not sure if it was just crappy to begin with but the seat looks brand new and was wondering if there was a way to heat the plastic and remold it? As you can probably tell I'm a noob but thought it would be cool if it could be fixed rather than buying a new one as the only ones I have found are not cheap and I really don't plan on riding two up that often if at all really. I would like to get a good amount of miles under my belt first.

thanks in advance

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: need some help with my rear seat

if it locks in and doesnt wobble i wouldnt worry about. if youre not going to be keeping it on there and riding 2 up, who cares? just make sure its safe for your passenger.
    i have the solo as well as the seat and neither of them fit perfectly. Its just the nature of them ive come to decide. my seat actually fits better than the solo cowl.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2002 RC51
    -Aluminum undertail, custom GP Can and mid-pipe, Jardine 2-1 Header, PC3, EBC Wave Rotors (F&R), CRG's, Goodridge SS Lines, Greggs, Black w/ Flattening and some carbon goodies

USMC - Semper Fi
    POW/MIA - Not Forgotten