Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

G2 EX#212 Round Six Report: Semi-retirement

This was my first round as an expert and also happened to be the round that my wife, Ellen, and I decided to tell our track friends that we are pregnant with triplets! As a result of the pregnancy, I would be taking an extended break from racing after Round 7…unfortunately. So with two rounds to go, I wanted to work hard to drop some more time. I signed up for the advanced class with Eric, and was extremely impressed. However, a lot of things I wanted to work on wouldn’t yield immediate results for the weekend and were long term items. I was going back and forth with some body-position stuff and it threw me off a bit…I was apparently too stiff on the bars and went down in three later in the day. I never felt “on” and was really hoping Saturday would bring better riding.

Saturday:
    Practice felt better and it was time for the GTL. Gridded in the back, I got a mediocre start but was able to get by a few people. I had a great battle with Eric Connolly (26) for many laps, but I blew the entry to six and he took full advantage. I ended up finishing 17/23. I’ll take it for my debut. LWGP was a bit worse, starting from the inside of the last row, and making little headway throughout. I finished in 26/29.

Sunday:
    LWSB was a really fun race, I was nipping at the heels of Brett Larson (226) but wasn’t able to make a pass. Finished 20/22, but felt as though I raced a good race dipping back into the 21s.
    LWSS was the real excitement. Oreo was on cold tires and crashed in 1A, so we had a restart. From 3D I was able to get a great launch and settle in 5th behind BJ Worsham. After a few laps the ever-smooth Steve Heider showed me where I should be braking into T1, leaving me in 6th. A lap later, after just about finishing my braking into the bowl, I started to tip in when I felt a solid hit in the rear. I don’t remember anything else until waking on the ground and speaking with the medical staff. They asked if I had the Eject system installed and I told them I did. However, the air bladder would not hold pressure and they had to take the helmet off the old school way. They put me onto a back-board, with a neck-brace, and got me to the infirmary. I clearly had a broken clavicle, and was later taken to Concord Hospital where we found it was in three pieces. Still waiting to see if surgery will be necessary.

Talking with Brian Kelly (102), he thought he tangled up with me and might have caused the incident. However, a “tangle” wasn’t what I remembered and the video corroborates my recollection of a solid rear hit. I watched the video frame-by-frame and it looks like Brian is going for an outside pass and is beside my bike when it’s hit in the rear. So, I think he got slightly tangled with my bike post-impact. Mike Defazio (650) went down in a big way during the incident too from what I hear, so from what I can gather he misjudged and hit the inside of my rear tire. Shit happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZFF...ature=youtu.be

Anyway, tough way to end my immediate racing career, but that’s part of the game. Thanks for all the help packing my equipment up and calming my spectating family. The LRRS crew is very tight and the support has been incredible. There are too many to thank here.

There’s more I’d like to say, but typing with one hand sucks! Thanks to all my sponsors listed in my signature for the incredible season, I wouldn’t trade this year for anything. Great times with great people, challenging myself round by round…I feel satisfied with my progress and honored to race with all the great riders of LRRS.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by loudog; 09-06-12 at 09:52 PM.
    Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

Re: G2 EX#212 Round Six Report: Semi-retirement

Damn man, though break. But congrats on the triplets.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

triplets, wow you're potent. congrats.
    sucks about the crash but glad it wasn't worse.

GTL was fun chasing you every time you looked back i smiled in my helmet haha sorry bout your crash...hopefully see you on track next season and good luck with your new family! Do u have any video from GTL?

Plaistow Powersports Racing
    Lrrs/ccs/ahrma EX #26

Nice report Stud!!! And I do mean STUD!!!

You had some great progress this year. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to dice with white plates. Someday we will.

We will miss you G2 next season. Hopefully you can escape for a Sunday now and then.

Heal up quick and get ready to be a Rada too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ahh, so Lou was the cause of the cloud of dust I saw from the turn 3 stands in Race 7.

I guess congratulations and condolences are in order ;-)

Heal up well. You're going to need to be 100% when the little ones show up .

Wow, congrats man! Triplets...you will be instantly outnumered, LOL. Great news on one front, sorry about the crash on the other. It was a great year and hope to see ya sometime next year. Until then, get some rest!!

Wow Lou, I was gone Sunday and had no idea. Sorry about the crash, heal up quick. Talk about an action packed Expert debut.

Big congratulations to you and your wife on the pending family, a whole new wonderful world is going to open up for you (after you get used to getting less sleep for awhile).

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Lou, so much to say, so little internet.

Really sucks about your shoulder...I'm pretty bummed I didn't get to see you before they carted you off. Hopefully you can swing through in October for some good times and good friends.

Triplets is huge news, I'm truly happy for You and Ellen. It also means you have 3 chances for a moto gp star, just saying....

Hope to see you soon, its been an absolute pleasure sharing a garage with you this season.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

you need to show me how you make these videos with the braking/acceleration, and speed.
    congrats on the addition to the family

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Congratulation in many ways.

Sorry the debut did not end up the way you had hoped. We will still love to have you personality around the pit for the last round if at all possible!!!!!

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by PPS26 View Post
    GTL was fun chasing you every time you looked back i smiled in my helmet haha sorry bout your crash...hopefully see you on track next season and good luck with your new family! Do u have any video from GTL?
    Yeah Eric, that GTL was a blast with you chasing me. Every time I looked back you were in the same exact spot, I knew I was going to have a really hard time losing you. I was gonna give you a thumbs up at some point in the race to say "great racing" but thought twice about that since we've never met. I knew one mistake would be the end of that battle, and you made smooth work of the pass! Unfortunately no video, that was the one race of the weekend that my GoPro failed on me. Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    Nice report Stud!!! And I do mean STUD!!!

You had some great progress this year. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to dice with white plates. Someday we will.

We will miss you G2 next season. Hopefully you can escape for a Sunday now and then.

Heal up quick and get ready to be a Rada too.
    Ha! Yeah, I'll surely be stopping up there as often as I can. Too many good people to pass up. I'll definitely miss you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    Ahh, so Lou was the cause of the cloud of dust I saw from the turn 3 stands in Race 7.

I guess congratulations and condolences are in order ;-)

Heal up well. You're going to need to be 100% when the little ones show up .
    Oh, great! That's where my father and brother were too...they must've seen the dust trail as well. Sorry for the fright fam!

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Lou, so much to say, so little internet.

Really sucks about your shoulder...I'm pretty bummed I didn't get to see you before they carted you off. Hopefully you can swing through in October for some good times and good friends.

Triplets is huge news, I'm truly happy for You and Ellen. It also means you have 3 chances for a moto gp star, just saying....

Hope to see you soon, its been an absolute pleasure sharing a garage with you this season.
    Same here Jay! It's been an awesome season, I'm glad we got hooked up through mutual friends. I'll be up there for Round 7 routing you on. Hmmmm, good point about the triplets and Moto GP. It's on!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    you need to show me how you make these videos with the braking/acceleration, and speed.
    congrats on the addition to the family
    No problem Jim, I use dashware...but there are other ways. I'll catch up with you at round seven. If you want to sync some stuff before then just shoot me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Congratulation in many ways.

Sorry the debut did not end up the way you had hoped. We will still love to have you personality around the pit for the last round if at all possible!!!!!
    Thanks Gino! I'll be there…

Last edited by loudog; 09-07-12 at 05:10 PM.

Well done Lou! Your racing has been pretty good too... Bummer about the "off", especially at the end of your current racing career. Hopefully we'll cross paths again before the end of the year.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Congrats on the triplets! Man you are gonna have your hands full for a long time...

Update: The collar-bone is actually in four pieces, not three as previously thought. I'll be having surgery on Friday....plate and screws. Should heal pretty quickly after that.

I spoke with EX #650, he stated that Brian and I connected, and he crashed while avoiding my sliding body. I have no interest in placing blame, just want to make sure 650's side is heard too.

I sincerely appreciate any efforts to avoid running me over!

Quote Originally Posted by loudog View Post
    Update: The collar-bone is actually in four pieces, not three as previously thought. I'll be having surgery on Friday....plate and screws. Should heal pretty quickly after that.

I spoke with EX #650, he stated that Brian and I connected, and he crashed while avoiding my sliding body. I have no interest in placing blame, just want to make sure 650's side is heard too.

I sincerely appreciate any efforts to avoid running me over!
    so you'll be riding round7?

It crossed my mind, but I'll be in the sling for 1-2 wks post-op, and won't have the time or $ to get my bike back to good. Also, I can't afford to risk re-injury with the baby squad on the way.

Spectatin' only for this guy.

Lou, wanna be my umbrella girl for round 7 ?

EX 105

Dammit, I was gonna ask!

Sorry I hear of the injury Lou, glad it wasn't worse. But, congratulations on the triplets, What a life changing event! I'm sure you will make it back racing soon, in the mean time please come visit!

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

so does this mean I can have the girl in white shorts cause you're only allowed 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    Dammit, I was gonna ask!
    Fine mike. How do you look in heels and a bikini top ?

EX 105