Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

LAPS 9/28

Re: LAPS 9/28

rumor has it Jim knows how to kick is front tire around turn 3 now...wait what?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    crouching tiger, hidden mondos

had a good time today, def. cool meeting a different group of people... pulling for the guy who went down in front of me in the bowl. ryan had the best view, I wasn't sure what threw my bike into it's ghost-endo, but I think he said the guy rolled ino the gap I was headed for at the last moment... Denno, you're attempted dig is most likely humorous to your clique, but distasteful to a "business" "owner/partner", especially when there's n injured rider in the sport we all love...

Hope you guys get more dates in 2010!

Awesome day, i got back into the swing of it after a few sessions, I can;t wait to get back out there in the spring. I gotta make it there more often so i am not so rusty when i go again.

Oh yeah and i NEED stainless brake lines, mine turned to marshmellow by the end of the day!

Very good day, sucks about your crash kitt, but you had nowhere to go. Had a great time dicing with friends! I haven't been able to do that since I moved to expert!

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

Quote Originally Posted by reiobard View Post
    Awesome day, i got back into the swing of it after a few sessions, I can;t wait to get back out there in the spring. I gotta make it there more often so i am not so rusty when i go again.

Oh yeah and i NEED stainless brake lines, mine turned to marshmellow by the end of the day!
    ... and a child seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    ... and a child seat.
    funny how he talked to me about his spongy lines right after i finished helping your friend bleed his lines.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by DBKromz View Post
    funny how he talked to me about his spongy lines right after i finished helping your friend bleed his lines.
    I offered to bleed em for him but he declined.

Who was taking the pictures for the day? There might be a couple funny shots.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Doc i know you were taking some video, did you get anything with me in there?

EX 105

Awesome day yesterday. I poked around in the beginner group as I was on a completely new to me machine and I wanted to run with a friend to help him where I could.

Ryan Hobbs lent me a 1994 CBR F2 for the day, and after a couple missed sessions where it and I had a few disagreements... I finally got it to understand that I was the boss and got to play on it. Sure, compared to modern middle weight machines it's a total porker and slow to boot... but this was my first time on an inline 4 anything... when I finally started figuring it out... holy hell are those things fun. It's the same track, only in fast forward! : ) I gotta learn throttle blipping on downshifts, I was backing that thing in left and right all afternoon treating it like my KTM or GS, which doesn't work.

Great track day, TONS of open track which was great. I rode my arse off, my legs are still jello and my back and shoulders are killing me, which means I had fun.

Great day,, Weather was perfect!!! Thanks to kitt and doc doing mic duty i got to due alot of laps. Rick went to see the guy that got hurt and he is doing well. Kurlon, thanks for sorting that bike for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DBKromz View Post
    Doc i know you were taking some video, did you get anything with me in there?
    There might be something... There was one session where I thought I had some great video of quite a few people but the camera wasn't on.

I got 2 sessions. Gotta get em off a friends computer and see what I have. I'll let you know.

But i was wondering who the guy was with the telephoto lens hanging out. I forgot to ask Rick or Mike if they had a photographer for the day.

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    But i was wondering who the guy was with the telephoto lens hanging out. I forgot to ask Rick or Mike if they had a photographer for the day.

let me know if you find anything in the video. trying to help out the owner sell his bike & some video of the bike in action might help

EX 105

his website is kezerphotography.com

haven't seen any pics yet though

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

Great! Thanks Chris!

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Had an awesome time yesterday!! First time I ever brought the SV on track and it was a great experience. I focused on body positioning all day and really made improvement, I hope I can carry some of what I learned on to next season. Big thanks to the LAPS guys for putting on a great track day, tons of track time and help wherever I needed it, thanks guys!! Big thanks for Doc too for looking after me on my first session while I shook off the cob webs, and a13x for getting my butt off the seat

USCRA #555 - Formula CB
    http://jro555.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I offered to bleed em for him but he declined.

Who was taking the pictures for the day? There might be a couple funny shots.
    yeah, they felt the same as they did at the beginning of the day, so i figured that they were just the lines that were toast, I didn't want to figure out the brakes again after i got used to them being spongy.

I will keep an eye out for the Photo's coming soon on the photographers site.

Insert witty comment here nhfirefighter13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62gigawatts View Post
    his website is kezerphotography.com

haven't seen any pics yet though

Make sure you put a www. on the front of that or you'll end up with a black screen. Not exactly sure how that happens but, hey, I'm not a web guy.

Anyway, the photos are being uploaded as I type this. I only have shots from Turn 2 and a few from 3/4 due to equipment issues.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
    Chris@Kezerphotography.com

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Too bad Jen wasn't in this Pic. I was right behind her. http://www.kezerphotography.com/p/nh..._092809_0280_8

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Really fun day. Went up to pit crew and support Jen as she and entered the trackday and was ripping the SV for the first time on the track and I ended up getting a few sessions in at the end of the day. Bonus!

Thanks Doc for showing Jen around early in the day. Much gracias. Big thanks for letting me take out your 'new' 94 900RR to follow/lead her around later in the day as well. That big CBR was pretty fun to ride, even thou I was taking it very very easy... (lil gunshy). Jen and I had helmet-to-helmet comms and were talking the entire lap. Well by talking I mean working on points around the track. It was a great teaching tool. The last session of the day we went out in Advanced and she was MOVING! Hanging off the bike great and just carrying real good speed everywhere. Was awesome

We met one year ago at the LAPS trackday so it was kinda cool to be there together this year and riding. Thanks to all the guys for the support and welcome (and dinner). Just a very nice time all around.

My thanks.

Jen and Doc - http://www.kezerphotography.com/p/nh..._092809_0309_8
    Kurlon on the 94 F2 - http://www.kezerphotography.com/p/nh..._092809_0776_8

Darn no pics of my on the 1994 CBR900RR Fireblade! That would have been classic!

Boston --> San Diego

I think there will be more pics later, if not we'll just photoshop something... : )

He said there were equipment issues.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Insert witty comment here nhfirefighter13's Avatar

That's all I got, folks.

Gravity, or rather the sudden stop of a heavy camera/lens combo against the ground, tends to cause operational issues.

I stopped shooting around 1pm, IIRC. Sorry.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast