Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74

Dumb Glory Day Stuff

  1. #51
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    17,282

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff


    I feel like I was in a group that had something thrown at a rider by a guy on Winona road once.
    Wasn't there a guy that used to sand the corner out in front of his house? Something like that.

    Yeah. Good times.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #52
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,573

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    there was 5 or 6 in the group, while the group stopped for gas, I made a pit stop at my house to get a different pair of gloves and was waiting as the group came by, at the next intersection, thy slowed to let me catch up a bit and see which way they were turning, I blasted rigt up to 110-115 (warp 3.8) on my SV650, everybody else had litre bikes and were ½mile + ahead of me, only god knows how fast they were going (warp 5+). I noticed a white car make the same turn and follow, in my mirror. at the next intersection 3 miles down the road, we pulled over in a parking lot, and were taking our helmets off, when the white car, (with blue lights in grill) pulls in behind and steps out, and proceeds to lecture us
    "Alright boys, I know you're dressed for it, but this ain't a race track, I caught you guys doing 85 in a 30, when you went out of my range, and I know you were doing a hell of a lot faster than that." Then points his finger at me, the slowest one of the bunch and says "YOU, twice in one week, you got to slow down" then told the group, he wanted to see me lead
    Yup, that would be one of my stories as well.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  3. #53
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    68
    Posts
    14,396

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    Alcohol fuels, for intended purposes, can be amazaballs.
    On the downside, just because you can't see flames, that doesn't mean it isn't on fire.
    I remember a prank that was pulled on me in college, growing up in rural VT, We never locked doors, I continued this tradition and never locked my dorm room door when I was inside sleeping. Someone, not sure who to this day, inflated a condom with butane gas, and tied it off with fuse cord, needless to say, I woke up, in a momentary ball of flame. I remembered from then on to lock my doors

    although I'm not sure who did it for certain, I had a good idea who did it, I returned the favor by pennying his door after a night of drinking, and also, poured water around his window, from outside (1st floor, winter time)

    He woke up in morning needing to take a piss, but couldn't get out of his room, had to piss in waste basket, then take door off hinges to get out.

    edit, I didn't use pennies, being a forestry school, I used wooden axe handle wedges instead, works a whole lot better than pennies

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 03-05-21 at 09:43 AM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  4. #54
    Super Adventurer SRTie4k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin, NH
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,061

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    Did that v-twin ride start at Moto Market?
    Yes.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2017 Honda CRF250L Rally

  5. #55
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    68
    Posts
    14,396

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Yup, that would be one of my stories as well.
    I got stopped 3 times that summer, at 1 ton + speeds, and never got more than a verbal warning, and that one, was a 30mph zone

    btw, since that incident, the LEO, has become a client of mine

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  6. #56
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    68
    Posts
    14,396

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Also, the tank was as slippery as a greased piglet!

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    what was that bike? an Mz Scorpion with the 5 valve thumper ?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  7. #57
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,736

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    what was that bike? an Mz Scorpion with the 5 valve thumper ?
    Exactly. One of the earlier road bikes with a composite tank. Sucker slipped right into the pale of diesel, then it was like a watermelon seed. lol

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  8. #58
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    41
    Posts
    11,367

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I seem to remember some Lowell bike night shenanigans that involved one wheel and blue lights.....
    Not pulling over is not running.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  9. #59
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    68
    Posts
    14,396

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    Good luck lighting diesel on fire with a match. You'll need a few atmospheres of pressure first.
    if it's warm enuf, it will light, like any other flamable liquid, 2 things increase the flamability of liquids, but more important than pressure, is heat. That's why diesels have glow plugs for startup. You can easily demonstrate the difference that heat makes, first, light a shotglass of 151 rum on fire and drink it, next, fill that shot glass up with 60 proof flavored brandy, and try to light it, depending on your room temp, you might get it going, or maybe not, zap it in a microwave for 15 seconds, then light it, the experience will be the same as the 151, or smoke a dube, and contemplate a different dumb experiment

    be careful drinking flaming shots if you have a beard... don't ask how I know

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  10. #60
    no can kneedown feralchimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somerville MA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    756

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Sherriff Buford T Justice pops out looking like he's gonna have an aneurysm
    LOL'd hard

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Jared
    701 E/SM, Hyperstrada 821

  11. #61

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Not pulling over is not running.
    Do you know why I pulled you over?

    Because I let you...

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #62
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Do you know why I pulled you over?

    Because I let you...
    I have always wanted to use that line when stopped. Balls are no where near big enough to actually do it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  13. #63
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    41
    Posts
    11,367

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I have always wanted to use that line when stopped. Balls are no where near big enough to actually do it.
    Might help if he has a sense of humor.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  14. #64
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Might help if he has a sense of humor.
    Could. I usually run with won't win a court case on the side of the road but you can certainly lose one. I'm all yes sir, no sir. Well, except for an orange bike that looked suspiciously like mine got called him for lane splitting in NH one time. That "wasn't me, couldn't have been me. You see all these bags. I'm going camping for week off this bike. It would be crazy to split lanes with all this gear."

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  15. #65
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    68
    Posts
    14,396

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I have always wanted to use that line when stopped. Balls are no where near big enough to actually do it.
    I've made it routine, if they ask me where I'm going, pointing my finger in the direction I am going, and say "That Way" or if they ask where I'm coming from, I just point my finger behind me, and say "That Way" then the conversation quickly leads to "Listen Officer, it's none of your business where I came from, or where I'm going, if you're not going to give me a summons, I'd like to have my license & registration back, so I can be on my way.", but most of the leos in the area know me, or know of me, many of them are clients, including the dispatcher they call in to, and of course, they also know, he's that crazy guy who rides his motorcycle in blizzards.

    In end, it never gets to the point of asking me where I'm going, the leo tells me what was wrong, and lets me go with verbal warning to get it fixed or slow down, or whatever.

    One time though, a local leo, was rude and beligerant to me, but only gave me a warning, as I did nothing wrong except yell obsenities out the window at him for cutting in front of me without signalling ot traffic control, then doing the same thing less than 2 seconds later, making an unsignaled left turn in front of oncomming traffic, at an accident scene, you woulda had to been there. Next thing, I hear the leo doing a 180° on the gravel side road, spitting gravel, and screeching his tires when he hit the pavement, pulling out in front of yet another car, before he turned any blues on. The next day, I happen to mention the incident to one of our Selectmen in town, just in casual conversation, I found out this was common occurance for this officer, I was asked to write a letter to the Chief of PD, and copy it to the Board of Selectmen.... about a week later, the leo got fired. They had already had several complaints, but I was told, mine, was the "credible" one that made the difference

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  16. #66
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I've made it routine, if they ask me where I'm going, pointing my finger in the direction I am going, and say "That Way" or if they ask where I'm coming from, I just point my finger behind me, and say "That Way" then the conversation quickly leads to "Listen Officer, it's none of your business where I came from, or where I'm going, if you're not going to give me a summons, I'd like to have my license & registration back, so I can be on my way.", but most of the leos in the area know me, or know of me, many of them are clients, including the dispatcher they call in to, and of course, they also know, he's that crazy guy who rides his motorcycle in blizzards.

    In end, it never gets to the point of asking me where I'm going, the leo tells me what was wrong, and lets me go with verbal warning to get it fixed or slow down, or whatever.

    One time though, a local leo, was rude and beligerant to me, but only gave me a warning, as I did nothing wrong except yell obsenities out the window at him for cutting in front of me without signalling ot traffic control, then doing the same thing less than 2 seconds later, making an unsignaled left turn in front of oncomming traffic, at an accident scene, you woulda had to been there. Next thing, I hear the leo doing a 180° on the gravel side road, spitting gravel, and screeching his tires when he hit the pavement, pulling out in front of yet another car, before he turned any blues on. The next day, I happen to mention the incident to one of our Selectmen in town, just in casual conversation, I found out this was common occurance for this officer, I was asked to write a letter to the Chief of PD, and copy it to the Board of Selectmen.... about a week later, the leo got fired. They had already had several complaints, but I was told, mine, was the "credible" one that made the difference
    I've given vague answers and have not been overly cooperative at DUI checkpoints and bs stops etc.. That absolutely has it's place.
    When I've given them a reason, and usually that one that can have "large" consequences, I play their game.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  17. #67
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    68
    Posts
    14,396

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I've given vague answers and have not been overly cooperative at DUI checkpoints and bs stops etc.. That absolutely has it's place.
    When I've given them a reason, and usually that one that can have "large" consequences, I play their game.
    whether I am snarky or not, i am always polite about it. I've never been thru a dwi checkpoint with a car or truck, but twice on my motorcycle, both times I was packed for touring, and as soon as i got off and started unpacking to get at my registration under the seat, I was waived thru

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  18. #68
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,446

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    MA ERC course 1999-2000, Westfield AFB, run by Ken Condon, assisted by Super Dave.

    I killed it all day, spot on perfect on the final. Afterward, Ken put the VFR through some of the tightest circles and esses imaginable.

    A great day.

    Slabbing it home on the pike, probably 70 in the right lane.

    FELL ASLEEP

    don’t know how long

    WOKE UP

    VFR was still chugging along.

    An adrenaline rush like nothing I’ve experienced before or after...

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #69
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    68
    Posts
    14,396

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    MA ERC course 1999-2000, Westfield AFB, run by Ken Condon, assisted by Super Dave.

    I killed it all day, spot on perfect on the final. Afterward, Ken put the VFR through some of the tightest circles and esses imaginable.

    A great day.

    Slabbing it home on the pike, probably 70 in the right lane.

    FELL ASLEEP

    don’t know how long

    WOKE UP

    VFR was still chugging along.

    An adrenaline rush like nothing I’ve experienced before or after...
    scary, I fell asleep once, on I-95 in Georgia, like you, I don't know how many miles, got off at next exit, took a power nap at an Ironbutt Motel (picnic table) 20 min later, back on road

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  20. #70

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Randy 99% of the time I forget you’re the man who rides in blizzards and shit and that I have so much respect for

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #71
    TWINS! xrocket21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Maine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,669

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    MA ERC course 1999-2000, Westfield AFB, run by Ken Condon, assisted by Super Dave.

    I killed it all day, spot on perfect on the final. Afterward, Ken put the VFR through some of the tightest circles and esses imaginable.

    A great day.

    Slabbing it home on the pike, probably 70 in the right lane.

    FELL ASLEEP

    don’t know how long

    WOKE UP

    VFR was still chugging along.

    An adrenaline rush like nothing I’ve experienced before or after...
    you fell asleep riding a motorcycle?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #72
    Jamnuts jhawley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern CT
    Age
    37
    Posts
    935

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    Did that v-twin ride start at Moto Market?
    I was there for that, and dragged a bunch of born guys with me

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  23. #73
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,446

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    you fell asleep riding a motorcycle?
    Yup, at least nodded off enough to be startled.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  24. #74
    Lifer oVTo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North of Boston
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: Dumb Glory Day Stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    This was before he screwed enough people that he was run off. He was still in everyone's good graces at the time. Not to say he wasn't a shithead before, of course.

    I went on another smaller "v-twin only" group ride a few years later, also organized here. That was a bit better, although still too many shenanigans (riding 75mph through residential Mass). Another member that still posts here was on that ride as well and left early, saying he couldn't afford to lose his license. I don't mind getting on it here and there, but there is a time and a place and my experiences with group rides is that most people abuse that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    I was there for that, and dragged a bunch of born guys with me
    It was a fun ride but definitely quick enough that when the guy left the ride I remember thinking that was the smart thing to do.
    At least we don't have a "when the leo pulled the group over" story from that day.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •