Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Race Bike Makeover.....finally done

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    so i ordered a race subframe from r-r-racing.com for $200, PK has my forks/triples right now, and i have an appointment with MC Rim Repair (or whatever they're called) in Keene on monday to get my front rim fixed. Anybody worked w/ them before? i'll let y'all know how it goes, he said it'd be like $125....$150 if its bad (which it isn't i dont think).

i've got the small rip in the bodywork fiber glassed and will be finishing the bodywork this weekend.

anybody have a clutch lever assembly i can buy? i need the actual part that clamps onto the clipon, and the cable tension screw.

Glad to hear your ok, you got to have the right weight transition going over the hill while going over the bumps, thats been one of my bigest chicken shit areas this year. It seems to me the bumps are worse there than last year, which has led me to be timid over the hill, which is probably my biggest hinder on lap times. I have used mc wheel, ok experience. I drove up there and waited, my rim ended up cracking so I had to leave them with the rim so they could weld it and re straighten it. Shit happens with aluminum so if your driving up there be prepared.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I just had two rims done at MC. They guys out there are good guys. Tell him you were referred by a someone on the NESR forum, mention the two Triumph rims he straightened a couple weeks ago. I asked if he would give me a deal because of the website and that we would bring him business. See if he will ive you a deal as well. He did mine for $100 a rim. The setup is ummmm interesting but it works, and they are great guys but a little back woodsy for sure.

i got the rim straightened at MC yesterday....ended up being $140, i guess it was worse than i thought. he couldn't figure out how i didn't destroy the rim after i described my crash. but now its perfect.

got the front end back on the bike and got everything functional as well....just need to finish up the bodywork and get the new subframe on when it comes in the mail and i'm just about done.

anybody have any advice as far as shortening the exhaust can and re-riveting the end cap? it busted open....

Never done it, but to remove the rivets choose a bit by inserting drill bits into the small hole left at the top, find one that just fits into the inside diameter of the hole. Drill, tape the bit so it dosent go futher in than you need. If the rivet dosent come out try the next size up, rivet material is pretty weak so it dosent take much drilling. Then I guess just use your imagination as far as shortening the can, hacksaw, dremel, ect. Then youll have to re drill holes in the shortned can, start by putting the cap back on, drill one hole, put a rivet in but dont "rivet it". Drill hole on opposite side, put another rivet in. You can mark the holes and drill all at once, but doing it one by one and putting a rivet in each time will guaranteee a perfect fit. If you dont have a rivet tool, just by one a sears you dont need a heavy duty one.

You clearly crashed because you had painted up the bodywork so pretty. That'll learn ya! Go UGLY next time and you won't fall for years...

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    You clearly crashed because you had painted up the bodywork so pretty. That'll learn ya! Go UGLY next time and you won't fall for years...

Sorry, I have already disproven that, more than id like to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12