Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hi (from CT)

Hi (from CT)

Hello all,
    Short time lurker, first time poster -just chiming in to say Hi.

So, Hi.

One of my buds from college (Nikon) turned me on to this place once he caught wind I was finally getting close to pulling the trigger on a 1st bike (have been threatening that for years). Seems cool enough in here.. Less 'street-ey' than the name would imply? Not saying that's good or bad, just new to the scene and unsure of what to expect..

Something about me?
    28/w/m/m
    5'8 (in the morning) 150# *ding*
    Road bike (think Lance Armstrong but still have both testicles and Im a lot slower) and mountain bike a lot.. So I guess I got kind of a 'thing' for being on 2 wheels?
    Currently still back at school and hope to be done by the spring..
    Live in Hamden, work in Trumbull. (Commuting and high gas prices last summer convinced me to do the CONREP and quit stalling. [Was great course btw.])

Currently back and forth on a first new-to-me bike. Found a couple Buell Blasts on CL and an older SV650 (K?) too. Plan to get something I can ride for a season or two, not cry all night when I forget to put the kickstand down one day and drop it, and then unload it to another newb so I can get what I really want.. (Currently HD Iron 883. Its neato.) See myself as kind of a cruiser guy -not much of a speed demon. But who knows! Maybe once I get into it my mind/priorities/desires for what motorcycling is to me will change!

Anyway thanks for having me. I'll try to search things and look around a bit before I ask all sorts of stale obnoxious questions.

Eric

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Signatures stink

Re: Hi (from CT)

Welcome to the forum

Welcome.

I think you're going to find that contrary to the name, this site seems to have a ton of track people. Don't let that scare you though, they're pretty amicable for the most part, as long as you ride with gear.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Post Re: Hi (from CT)

welcome to the party

Sladic aka Slush
    K7 GSX-R 600 - STOLEN JULY 16th 2012

welcome! got any spare money bags that you're looking to off-load?

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Welcome!

Any friend of Nikons is probably a dickhead too..............

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Welcome to the forum. I run a motorcycle dealership in wallingford should you need anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Snake View Post
    Welcome!

Any friend of Nikons is probably a dickhead too..............
    wellcome

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Thanks for all the 'welcome's's.. Im a much nicer guy than Nikon is. And MUCH better looking too.

What shop in Wal-world do you run/manage? Power & Sport up off Yale Ave? I've stopped by there a couple times but either my timing is off or they've got some sick banker's hours cause I haven't been able to catch them open.. Would this shop be a good place to bring my new (old) bike for a tune-up and general looking-over?

Mazdagirl, Since you were first to ask I will be sure to give you some money as soon as I win the Powerball. It was actually just a screen name I created for a mtn biking board that I thought was gona last about 1 month and lo & behold both stuck around this long.. Who knew.

Thanks again.
    E

Signatures stink

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Yeah - he isn't lying - he is much better looking and WAY nicer. Although, I don't really think that's much of a compliment because it doesn't take much to beat me on either front. I think I'll have to dig up some fun photos to introduce you all to Eric.....

Bras cause cancer.

Fuck that aint hard

Quote Originally Posted by e moneybags View Post
    Thanks for all the 'welcome's's.. Im a much nicer guy than Nikon is. And MUCH better looking too.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    What shop in Wal-world do you run/manage? Power & Sport up off Yale Ave? I've stopped by there a couple times but either my timing is off or they've got some sick banker's hours cause I haven't been able to catch them open.. Would this shop be a good place to bring my new (old) bike for a tune-up and general looking-over?

Mazdagirl, Since you were first to ask I will be sure to give you some money as soon as I win the Powerball. It was actually just a screen name I created for a mtn biking board that I thought was gona last about 1 month and lo & behold both stuck around this long.. Who knew.

Thanks again.
    E

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
    I think I'll have to dig up some fun photos to introduce you all to Eric.....

And my better side..

Signatures stink