Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Crashed

Crashed

Originally posted by bemused
    Spence- glad to hear it wasn't worse than it was, now you know how it feels to go down... instead of just imagining it.

Well I won't go there, but sorry about the crash. Those things have a way of ruining your whole day.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Crashed

Originally posted by zx-stewie

Well I won't go there, but sorry about the crash. Those things have a way of ruining your whole day.

dammit... I knew somebody was gonna grab onto that...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Crashed

Originally posted by DaSpence
    yea but i hope you dont take it either, might want the bike in one piece before your first race.

peace

yeah, well.....

peace

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Crashed

Glad to here your OK. The bike can be fixed, you've got Mick on your side to help and we know that he won't let you down......

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

Crashed

first of all hope you are doing good and recovering.

If i am correct that is 2 nesr and 1 odfu... before people rip me apart i could care-less about this but i am keeping track for personal reasons like which group of squids i want to ride with if you are wondering....but the bottom line is these guys are OK after the crash....and if you are pissed off about this remark then maybe you should ride safely and go slow when needed so remarks like this aren't made. going slow means you are ok and the bike didn't get dump, which is better then eating sand and not moving at all.

Crashed

Originally posted by tumor

If i am correct that is 2 nesr and 1 odfu... before people rip me apart i could care-less about this but i am keeping track for personal reasons like which group of squids i want to ride with if you are wondering....but the bottom line is these guys are OK after the crash....and if you are pissed off about this remark then maybe you should ride safely and go slow when needed so remarks like this aren't made. going slow means you are ok and the bike didn't get dump, which is better then eating sand and not moving at all.
    what an appropriate username!

jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Crashed

If you really want to impress yourself, log into an international motorcycle bulliten board with some 15~20 thousand members.

With that large of a cross-section, people just don't go down often, they die too.
    You'd be better off not making any friends, if you do it will hurt your heart when they suffer; breaks your heart when they pass away.

Good luck out there.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Crashed

If you really want to impress yourself, log into an international motorcycle bulliten board with some 15~20 thousand members.

yep just got me a new a$$hole....NOt legalspeed she isn't an A$$hole..i ment to say she ripped me a new one....along with comments i think i am going to get for this remark also.

Thankyou, ma'am may i have another.

Crashed

i think that tally aint quite right. you might wanna double check on it.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Crashed

yep just got me a new a$$hole....NOt legalspeed she isn't an A$$hole..i ment to say she ripped me a new one....along with comments i think i am going to get for this remark also.

Thankyou, ma'am may i have another.
    Yup, just bend over again there sweet meat!

(whispering in tumors ear):
    She's a he.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Crashed

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Crashed

Originally posted by oreo_n2

Jealousy rears its' ugly head.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Crashed

Oh boy this is gonna hurt....anyone got some kentucky jelly...I just want people to ride safley it is bad enough we have to put up with cagers out there.. we all ride on the road and see all the sand pits but some of us choose to go around it some of us choose to go throught it and some of us wait till it is safe to go around it or through it, and then there are people who don't even bother goinging through it and head the other way. We ride on roades that we are fimiliar with and now when to slow down and speed up and where the sand pits are.....if you read what daspence wrote in his posting that he rode on one of his favorite roads and this happened to him, in my opinion and i am intitled to have one i live in america, he was careless and that kind of things give us riders bad name and then people group all of us into this one group they call squid and some of us get all upset worked up. What i am trying to say is becareful and use good judgement when riding.. don't want to offend anyone and especially daspence just happens that i post this in his posting i don't know his situation so i am not going to make any assumption, which i already did, sorry dude, but use your head to ride not to stop you while you'r sliding on asphalt.

Crashed

oi, don't drag me into this!

that was LAST year!

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Crashed

Originally posted by twrayinma
    oi, don't drag me into this!

that was LAST year!
    that's right! he hasn't had a single riding-related incident this year

jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Crashed

well... only if you dont count the fiddy?!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Crashed

Nah, ther're good people here. We're no flowers, we won't wilt on ya.

I encourage beginners to come out and play. Sometimes, like Double Apex Racing, I find the youngbloods bring good knowledge to the table, and recognize thier skill and experience in the racing environment, where I'm the squid.

Over the years, it has been better for me to sympathize with the fallen, to help heal, rapair bike damage, and encourage their speedy return to our sport.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Crashed

I don't want to start one of those threads whatever those threads are, but i thought i just say a few things and hopefully people read it and just think twice about doing things as easy looking where you want to go or turning your blinkers on when turning, I see riders ride like cagers and thats no way to ride just want riders to be alert and not get hurt. sucks when you have to do one of those pitch in money foundation to help out another fallen rider pay for their stupidity yeah right i worked hard for my money and i am spending it the way i want to. not that Kham or Daspence was asking for hand outs i am sure they are seasoned riders and it could happen to any of use lets just try to limit the accident but i am just saying..and i don't want to drag anybody into this. shit happens thats why they invented condums. Statics are numbers but makes you think are you a number? Doing a twisty at 30 mph or 90 mph you got to be thinking, just think about the right things...just like this thread and i did but them as numbers 1 and 2 for nesr and yes you are correct 1 and 2 for odfu also. but anyways becareful don't want to be the next 3 or 4 or 5 and so on

Crashed

Originally posted by JCzx12
    We need to do everything we can to make sure we get from one place to another in one piece, because if we don't, we might not.

Outstanding!

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Crashed

Another one of my .02 cents well maybe its more like 50 cents now. but i believe all crashes on bike's are the riders fault, we all know cagers think they rule all roads and bikers don't belong on them. I always look at cars around me when i am riding and you can tell who the carless drivers are slow down or pass them when it is safe to pass them. Bikes are fast and accelerate fast but that doesn't mean you can escape accidents allow enough buffer space between you and the other car. no else is to blame but you cagers don't care even if the are at fault,

Crashed

but i thought i just say a few things and hopefully people read it and just think twice about doing things as easy looking where you want to go or turning your blinkers on when turning, I see riders ride like cagers and thats no way to ride just want riders to be alert and not get hurt.
    absolutely. no argument here. well-put. and thanx for putting your concern out here... it's appreciated

my only problem w/ what you said before-- and this may have just been my read on it-- was the "NESR vs. odfu" scorecard...

any time a rider goes gets off, it's a sad thing. I don't care what the hell he was riding, who he's "representin", or whether or not it was his/her fault. first thing I want to know is if he/she is OK... fuck the bike, machinery can be replaced, that's wa-a-ay down on my list of concerns. I also like to know if the rider can learn from what happened... 'cuz I am intently interested in knowing that the chances of it happening again are gonna be less.

next thing I wanna know is what the incident can teach me about my riding... had very few spills (more luck than skill, in a lot of cases), and I want to keep it that way. I do less stupid shit on a bike now than I used to... largely due to reminders that other folk have given me. if it was from circumstances outta his/her control, I want to sharpen my awareness. if it was due to "rider error", I wanna take a long, hard look at how prone I am to that same error.

finally, I keep it as a reminder that I have some (limited) responsibility for keeping an eye out for the folk I ride with. if I see someone newer than me riding obviously over their head... or endangering themselves due to ignorance of the inherent dangers of this sport, I can't just turn a blind eye... how in the hell would I feel if I said nothing, only to have pick them and their bike outta the weeds fifteen minutes later. if they choose to ignore what I say, so be it... but my conscience couldn't rest easy knowing I might have prevented it...

('kay, off my soapbox now. as you were...)

jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Crashed

i think i put in one to many cents.....sorry dude don't want to stir shit...just keepin it real...there is off days and yes you are right what was i thinking about putting nesr and odfu in the same statistic. 2 and 2 ...this will be my last respond to this thread or topic hopefully spencer is better and ride agian..

Everybody to the limit!

Crashed

Seems to me that what tumor was trying to say is that all accidents can be avoided by an experienced, alert motorcyclist. Not that motorcyclists are to blame for anything that happens to them, simply that we are responsible for our own safety out there, since the SUV'ers sure aren't going to be. If we let them plow into us, it might not be our fault but we'll be just as dead so what's the difference to us?

As to whether that's true, I don't know. Part of me really hopes it is, I've got this dream that with enough training and practice I will be impervious to the stupidity of others, braking and weaving to avoid large trucks, small children, and lightning strikes alike, laughing off sudden changes in road condition with a flick of my wrist. I realize that this is probably unrealistic, but I am curious as to how low a really defensive motorcyclist can drop the risks...

Crashed

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    Seems to me that what tumor was trying to say is that all accidents can be avoided by an experienced, alert motorcyclist. Not that motorcyclists are to blame for anything that happens to them, simply that we are responsible for our own safety out there, since the SUV'ers sure aren't going to be. If we let them plow into us, it might not be our fault but we'll be just as dead so what's the difference to us?

As to whether that's true, I don't know. Part of me really hopes it is, I've got this dream that with enough training and practice I will be impervious to the stupidity of others, braking and weaving to avoid large trucks, small children, and lightning strikes alike, laughing off sudden changes in road condition with a flick of my wrist. I realize that this is probably unrealistic, but I am curious as to how low a really defensive motorcyclist can drop the risks...
    thanks honclfibr thats what i was trying to say.

Crashed

dude lighten if you ride they way you post.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast