from across the lake...this may affect any of the ST type heading to americade. Has anyone experienced anything like this in your states? what do you think?

Queensbury, New York (WSYR-TV)
- State Police are checking for proper helmets and licenses at a roadblock en route to a biker rally in the Adirondacks. The National Coalition of Motorcyclists calls this "unconstitutional."

The checkpoint on the Adirondack Northway in Queensbury was set up in response to a recent rise in motorcycle registrations and deaths. More than 50,000 riders are expected to attend the Americade Rally in Lake George that takes place June 2nd through the 7th.

A similar roadblock was set up last week for the American Motorcycle Jamboree (AmJam) held at the Cobleskill Fairgrounds. Promoters reported attendance was down at the 24-year-old event as a result.

An attorney for the National Coalition of Motorcyclists filed a letter of intent to sue on Saturday.

doesn't affect me much as I usually stay off of the thruway, although I don't have a DOT sticker on my Suomy...Interesting nonetheless.