Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

What tire replaced the Corsa III?

What tire replaced the Corsa III?

Is it multi compound? How does it compared to the Corsa III?

Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Lifer

Re: What tire replaced the Corsa III?

It was replaced by two tires, really. The Corsa III was a hypersport/track tire. The track oriented replacement is the Dragon Supercorsa Trackday Pro, which is a "toned down" version of the Dragon DOT race tire, with a special compound for trackday riders(quicker warmup/longer life than a full race tire). This also replaced(directly) the Dragon Supercorsa SP that was an OEM tire on some motorcycles. If you're riding is close to 50/50 street/track(or aggressive street), this could be the right choice for you.

The more street oriented replacement(as in, more than 50% street use) is the Diablo Rosso Corsa. I haven't had a chance to try these, but I mounted up a set for Ted Duncan of Duncan Moto at the last TTD in NJ and he was going to try them out. If he doesn't see this and chime in, you should contact him about them. He can also supply these tires for you if you decide the Rosso Corsa is the right choice for you.

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/1.59.502.3 (67150) Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

the diablo rossos are awesome.
    Duncan ordered me a pair and told me i need these tires, boy was he right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    It was replaced by two tires, really. The Corsa III was a hypersport/track tire. The track oriented replacement is the Dragon Supercorsa Trackday Pro, which is a "toned down" version of the Dragon DOT race tire, with a special compound for trackday riders(quicker warmup/longer life than a full race tire). This also replaced(directly) the Dragon Supercorsa SP that was an OEM tire on some motorcycles. If you're riding is close to 50/50 street/track(or aggressive street), this could be the right choice for you.

The more street oriented replacement(as in, more than 50% street use) is the Diablo Rosso Corsa. I haven't had a chance to try these, but I mounted up a set for Ted Duncan of Duncan Moto at the last TTD in NJ and he was going to try them out. If he doesn't see this and chime in, you should contact him about them. He can also supply these tires for you if you decide the Rosso Corsa is the right choice for you.
    Good info

I need a multi compound, I ride to many big slabs of highway to not have one...

Usually these slabs of highway are to get to the good roads, where I ride agressively on the street.

Will hit the track 1-2 times a year.

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/1.59.502.3 (67150) Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

i have a little under 2k miles on my rossos with just city commuting and slab with minor back roar adventures. There is very little wear showing. Did i meantion they are grippy as hell?

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Good info

I need a multi compound, I ride to many big slabs of highway to not have one...

Usually these slabs of highway are to get to the good roads, where I ride agressively on the street.

Will hit the track 1-2 times a year.
    Yeah, it definitely sounds like the Rosso is the better choice for you. Like I said, contact Duncan Moto, I'm sure he can get you a good deal on them.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I have them on my 1098 now and they are great.
    I'll be at BoMo Wed. To give them a workout at Loudon NHMS.

They did very well at Loudon. I found my new favorite tire for street and track days.
    I'm ordering up a few today if anyone else needs them pm me.

I ended up with the Rosso Corsas.

Barely gotten to ride em though The one really hot day we had last weekend I got suckered into a crap ride without any turns. The day after I mess my leg up from a dirt accident, so riding is pretty limited and getting off the bike in turns is pretty painful/difficult, so it might be a bit before I can really test these guys out...I guess they look cool though

most of you guys dont need that much grip when street riding. i would say you might want to invest in a set of spare wheels to use for track days. keep a nice set of grippy tires on there, and have a set of street tires for the rest of your riding.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Quote Originally Posted by DBKromz
    most of you guys dont need that much grip when street riding. i would say you might want to invest in a set of spare wheels to use for track days. keep a nice set of grippy tires on there, and have a set of street tires for the rest of your riding.
    Why make life so complicated?

It's a good street track tire. Use it for both and sbe the trouble of buying extra wheels rotors sprockets tires and then around and changing them. Honestly you may as well just buy a track bike then!!

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

manny, a lot of these guys do a good amount of highway riding to get to bike night, newbury street, watch the races, etc. if i'm spending the $ for a track tire, i'd want to get the most out of that tread. which is why i mentioned getting a spare set of wheels. for some who dont have a dedicated track bike, it's a good idea if they're planning on doing a few track days in a season.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft