Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

New thread for July 1st ride (SUNDAY)

I Dance With Will

Quote Originally Posted by 97BladeRider View Post
    did you get busted for speeding again? Are you posting from jail?
    no. thank god. more like can't say no because you dont want to disappoint your other friend.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

see you all tomorrow - err today

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Leaving in 5.

See you guys in a few.

I got back early, the ribs smell good!

Awesome ride, incredible weather, and sick roads.

Nice to meet all of ya, I was the Tall guy, James on the RC51 with the black Jacket w/ white stripes.

I guess it was on farm road? But the downhill left hander with the guard rail on the outside over looking a big field pretty much did it for me.

Yeah that was a fun little ride. Kurt I had to stop for gas when you guys got on 95 my bike started sputtering so I cut off to get gas. I just made it to the station it was running on fumes. Until next time keep the shiny side up.

Mike

05 636
    Green Machine

07 Husky sm510

Great turn out. Was surprised to see so many bikes there. Unfortunetly my ride got cut short. At about 10:45 or so (after we left that road with the fire station) when I stopped in the middle of the road to let everyone go through that little intersection, I waited for James, Vic and redamo. I waited for about a minute and they didn't show up so I figured I just missed them when they went through. I beat feet down the road and couldn't find anyone. I pulled out my phone and as I did James called me, I guess he was still down the road. I caught up with those three and we couldn't find anyone else. James had to go so me Vic and Redamo went looking for everyone but we got nothing. So I just went home and Redamo followed me to 128 while Vice went home the other way. Just as well I guess, I have to meet the wife anyway. It was some good riding though. Those roads are sweet!! Nice, smooth and twisty, plus the weather was perfect, couldn't ask for anything more than that. I actually figured the police would be around there soon because a couple of those roads we were on we ended up backtracking a few times and the pedestrians and cyclists were starting to get pissed off I think. Anyone else see the guy jogging with his daughter frantically waving his arms at us to SLOW DOWN!!!! Haha. I imagined he called the cops once he got back to his house.

Anyway, nice ride all the same. Until next time gentlemen........

CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 KTM 560 SMR - 2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2002-2006

My first group ride ever and i get 3 guys from the group lost .

but it could have been worse i might have crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by redamo20 View Post

Don't worry about it. Better for you to ride at your own pace than try to keep up with the more experienced (crazy) riders than crash. No one cares about getting lost as long as everyone makes it home in one piece. There will always be more rides, the summer is young.

I had a great time today!

CCS|LRRS EX#49

Thanks Kurt, daytrader (did get to say hello, I was on black 636) and Mike (and whoever else) leading today.

Yeah that was a fun little ride. Kurt I had to stop for gas when you guys got on 95 my bike started sputtering so I cut off to get gas. I just made it to the station it was running on fumes. Until next time keep the shiny side up
    Mike, I kept looking for you in my mirror, but lost you soon after we got on 95. That motoard looks too fun.

you did well, kept on the same road (instead of splitting right). Couple of things I think will help,
    1. read the group ride rules (if you haven't)
    2. and get some boots pls. I was behind you for awhile and kept thinking if you get off, your angles would have been toasted.

Vic, I rode my with Dan. Sorry missed you.

Carlton
    My facebook

Carlton I had to stop for gas due to the huge 2 gallon tank that came with the bike. I saw you guys on rt 1 going the other way. I was coming from the gas station going home.

Victor sorry I missed you, we'll ride again soon. Bike looks great by the way.

Mike

05 636
    Green Machine

07 Husky sm510

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Great ride guys! Thanks Kurt, Mark, and Mike for taking the lead.

Kurt, you redeemed yourself for the back-tracking when you turned down that really narrow, twisty road heading back for the goat trail. We weren't going fast down it, but man was it a lot of fun to ride down.

Sorry that Mark, James, Redamo, and Vic got separated from the group.

Redamo, like the rest above have already said, street riding isn't about keeping up with the group, it's about riding at your pace, determined by your abilities. You should never push yourself about 80% of your ability because you never know when you'll possibly need that other 20% to get you out of unexpected issues.

Great time. Funny how this started out as a little local thing and we ended up with 15 bikes.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

[QUOTE=ku996r;380348]Thanks Kurt, daytrader (did get to say hello, I was on black 636) and Mike (and whoever else) leading today.

Ahhh shit!! I think I forgot to introduce myself to pretty much everyone. I was kinda rushing to get there this morning because I was running late. I only met Mr SmoothR-6 (Fucking love your bike dude....I'm buying one next year without a doubt, kinda miss my Yamma's and the Duke is just hard to ride under 4k rpm, plus I've always wanted 2 bikes in my house at the same time and what better 2nd bike to have)!

Now, what the hell happened with the LEO's? Did everyone get pulled over? See, I knew someone was going to call them on us! You can only take 15 loud sport bikes up a road so many times before a concerned citizen complains to the man. Now, what happened? I want the full story!!!!
    Kurt: YOU ARE BAD LUCK! I think every police department in the state of Mass (and New Hampshire) has a lojak tracking device attached to your bike.....

CCS|LRRS EX#49

Good short ride today. It was nice meeting new people. It's a shame the group got separated, but I expected that for such a big group. It's hard to keep everyone in site for the leader. Reda good job on not pushing your bike over your limits and trying to keep up. Better safe than sorry. And yeh, the cop was pretty cool. But that's something we could've expected anyways. I mean such a big group going back and forward on the same road will definately bring unwanted attention. We should plan a longer ride, like an all day ride ( NH, VT, western MA ) to stay away from residential neighborhoods.

ZX10R
    Ned

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    Now, what the hell happened with the LEO's? Did everyone get pulled over? See, I knew someone was going to call them on us! You can only take 15 loud sport bikes up a road so many times before a concerned citizen complains to the man. Now, what happened? I want the full story!!!!
    I guess that several people called into the Dover PD saying that a group of 10-20 (real specific, eh?) sportbikes were ripping up local streets.

We had stopped to see if Kurt could get a hold of James on his cell and while we were all parked on the side of the road, one of Dover's finest stopped behind us, lights flashing and preceded to tell us what I said above. (almost word for word) He also included that "our group matched the description of the group reported about. (no shit, huh? Like there were other 15 bike groups around.)

He basically gave us a verbal warning to keep it cool. He was pretty decent about it. You know all he was thinking was, "just get the hell out of my jurisdiction".

That's it in a nutshell. No biggie.

OH, BTW, right after he got back into his car, another of the PD stopped by, lights flashing. But when the 1st officer got into his car and shut his lights down, the 2nd did as well. the funny thing is that right at that point, a car blew threw the stop sign we were parked close to and they both went after him. Guess it was out lucky day.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by 97BladeRider View Post
    I guess that several people called into the Dover PD saying that a group of 10-20 (real specific, eh?) sportbikes were ripping up local streets.

We had stopped to see if Kurt could get a hold of James on his cell and while we were all parked on the side of the road, one of Dover's finest stopped behind us, lights flashing and preceded to tell us what I said above. (almost word for word) He also included that "our group matched the description of the group reported about. (no shit, huh? Like there were other 15 bike groups around.)

He basically gave us a verbal warning to keep it cool. He was pretty decent about it. You know all he was thinking was, "just get the hell out of my jurisdiction".

That's it in a nutshell. No biggie.

OH, BTW, right after he got back into his car, another of the PD stopped by, lights flashing. But when the 1st officer got into his car and shut his lights down, the 2nd did as well. the funny thing is that right at that point, a car blew threw the stop sign we were parked close to and they both went after him. Guess it was out lucky day.

Well The cop could have given you his version of why he was out there (people complaining etc etc) but I think we ALL know the real reason...........cough...cough....KURT....cough....BAD LUCK....cough....cough....LO-JACK...cough cough...................

CCS|LRRS EX#49

Dont sweat it. Its not your responsibility to keep up its the leaders responsibility to make sure everyone is there. Its ok to tear through the twisty part of the ride but when it comes to taking a left or right we need to make sure everyone is there. It could have been a lot worse then a lost member. Someone could have gone down at the back of the pack and they would have just been left there.

Id rather ride slow all day then pick someone up from the side of the road.

James

Nice ride today. Great meeting a bunch of new people and catching up with old friends. So...........when's the ride out north-west or south-west????

I had my own run ins with the LEO's. I was in Dover and there was a LEO coming on the other side of the road. When he saw me he turned on the flashing lights but didn't follow me.

The second one was in Sherborn, on the Framingham line. The Motorcycle LEO radared me at 49 in a 30. He pulled me over, did the whole license and reg. thing. He showed me the radar after I had taken off gloves and helmet. He saids to me "you were going pretty fast even if doesn't seem fast for your bike." I was surprised. I was just putting along heading home. He ended up giving me a written warning. Thank you very much officer!!!! The funny thing is, while I was getting my gear back on he pulled over a young kid w/ a permit for doing 37. He said to him "You were doing 37 in a 30. Do you know what happens if you get a ticket?" I just laughed inside. He lets me go and busts the poor kids balls for 7 over. It was great. Anyways, I putted my way home going the speed limit.

Great seeing you all. Keep it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Dont sweat it. Its not your responsibility to keep up its the leaders responsibility to make sure everyone is there. Its ok to tear through the twisty part of the ride but when it comes to taking a left or right we need to make sure everyone is there. It could have been a lot worse then a lost member. Someone could have gone down at the back of the pack and they would have just been left there.

Id rather ride slow all day then pick someone up from the side of the road.
    Well hindsight being 20/20 the next time I lead a section , or start a ride I'll check to make sure what all the riders levels of experience is. I didn't know at first that he was new to group riding until we got done with that first section of twisties I lead and James came up to me and Kurt and said to take it easy or at least don't take off because we had a slow rider. Next time we ride with a big group like that maybe James, Kurt , me and Chuck ( you guys are really the only one's I know well) can exchange cell #'s and if seperated just pull over and call each other right away. Although James did call Chuck and Kurt but no answer. Also, it was my first time leading a ride and admittedly the rearview mirrors on the Duke are pretty much worthless, mine as well throw them out! I was just keeping an eye on SmoothR-6 (damn...I forgot your name, sorry. I did put your cell phone # in my phone under R-6..ha) because he was the only set of headlights I could see or cared about while I was taking corners at 60/70+

CCS|LRRS EX#49

Posting Freak

Mike-----MA Local ride without calling me, Oh well see what happens when you guys plan local MA rides, The police gets calls all day and that why you have to get away from the city limits.

Quote Originally Posted by vaa View Post
    Nice ride today. Great meeting a bunch of new people and catching up with old friends. So...........when's the ride out north-west or south-west????

I had my own run ins with the LEO's. I was in Dover and there was a LEO coming on the other side of the road. When he saw me he turned on the flashing lights but didn't follow me.

The second one was in Sherborn, on the Framingham line. The Motorcycle LEO radared me at 49 in a 30. He pulled me over, did the whole license and reg. thing. He showed me the radar after I had taken off gloves and helmet. He saids to me "you were going pretty fast even if doesn't seem fast for your bike." I was surprised. I was just putting along heading home. He ended up giving me a written warning. Thank you very much officer!!!! The funny thing is, while I was getting my gear back on he pulled over a young kid w/ a permit for doing 37. He said to him "You were doing 37 in a 30. Do you know what happens if you get a ticket?" I just laughed inside. He lets me go and busts the poor kids balls for 7 over. It was great. Anyways, I putted my way home going the speed limit.

Great seeing you all. Keep it safe.

vic, didn't you get my vmail about cops and you did 19 over. just kidding hehe. glad that was only a warning. and he pulled over a 7 over.

Dan and I was going 90's on 495 N without any LEOs.

Carlton
    My facebook

Quote Originally Posted by 04ZRX View Post
    Carlton,

Next time bring a camera to take pictures of all those babes (Hotties) you keep seeing. I keep missing them!

I think I'll need helmet cam, even a cowboy can't be that fast pulling out a dig cam. but you did miss the cyclist in aqua tanktop when we stop for your smoking break.

Carlton
    My facebook

Hey thanks everyone it was really fun , im glad nobody's angry about the broken group, and when we started, the group was pretty bad ass.
    hopefully we can ride again after i get some more experience and confidence.

Hey thanks everyone it was really fun , im glad nobody's angry about the broken group, and when we started, the group was pretty bad ass.
    hopefully we can ride again after i get some more experience and confidence.
    Come out anytime. seat time is key to experience. I would have been mad if you had tried to ride beyond your ability and tossed it instead of taking it easy and just having a good time. Its what riding is about.

Next time Ill take a quick look at your bike and maybe there is a few quick things we can do to make you feel better on it.

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Come out anytime. seat time is key to experience. I would have been mad if you had tried to ride beyond your ability and tossed it instead of taking it easy and just having a good time. Its what riding is about.

Next time Ill take a quick look at your bike and maybe there is a few quick things we can do to make you feel better on it.

Fucking James.................

Always wanting to tinker with peoples bitches!!!

You stay away from REDAMO's bike you hear me? And stay away from my Duke, she's still sour about your little "Retarded Kid" comments yesterday!! Didn't notice one stall today from her did ya???? That's because I bitch slapped her back into line.

It's funny that Redamo said he was going slow and was sorry for getting 3 people seperated....... All along I thought you were the slow one holding Vic and Redamo back........hmmmm sorry James my mistake, but you could see why I would think that right? I mean....you drive a Honda RC51!

Can you still find parts for that bike or did they stop making em?

CCS|LRRS EX#49

Hah, and I was gonna bring my bike to GMD over the winter for some work....I'l have to think twice now

ZX10R
    Ned

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast