Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

VT: Play Ground Ride Monday/Tuesday 15/16

Re: VT: Play Ground Ride Monday/Tuesday 15/16

running a bit late for 8:45 but i'll be there around 9

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

text me if you need anything today fellas, i'll be in class.

That was fun, although I made it back about 15 minutes late for my 1300 meeting...

...and my boss was still in his previous meeting, so it was all good. I even had time to change out of my leather.

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    That was fun, although I made it back about 15 minutes late for my 1300 meeting...

...and my boss was still in his previous meeting, so it was all good. I even had time to change out of my leather.
    Nice! Glad you made it back in time for the meeting. Good riding today man - you were flogging that ninjette!

Good riding all around today - KB rippin it up on the Ninjette, and my man Motofreak riding 2 up w/ Blue eyes.

Blue eyes- Again, it was a pleasure meeting you. It was even more of a pleasure to follow you guys today.. you know how to lean!

Motofreak - As always - Good friggn riding! For a while there when we were doing laps I seriously thought you dropped Blue Eyes off at the spring or somthing - The way you were riding I thought it was just you! Soo - Good riding!

Same thing next tuesday right!?!?!

Now a question for the knee draggers -

When do you know its time to replace pucks, and can you recommend a certain kind? Today I had to flip my pucks around so that there was more plastic to grind. Also I looks like the pucks are wearing at different angles, is there an ideal angle (body position)?

They make harder compounds as well as titanium!

I can't really comment as I only skim my knee. I don't really plant it. It is more like a feeler for me.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    They make harder compounds as well as titanium!

I can't really comment as I only skim my knee. I don't really plant it. It is more like a feeler for me.
    For the quick corners I skim, for the longer corners I plant. 150 bucks for titanium sliders?? No thanks; unless they last 3 years. Are the woodcraft ones any good? Still 45 bucks for sliders is better than 150 but still seems a little steep. What about leather? If i remember correctly, Uncle Snake had these leather ones- .. I also remember him burning through them after just a few passes.. Whats real deal on sliders?

Sorry for the thread jack.

Great time out there today guys! Thanks for taking me along and showing me your sacred grounds!

Really enjoyed riding 2-up with my man and getting the feel for some awesome twisties. He did get to make a pass on his own. . . I sat out at the spring so he could really tear it up!

I'd love to join again but as I mentioned to MotoFreak - next time I wanna take my bike and ride!!

Awesome meeting both you guys today. Glad everyone made it back (mostly) on time.

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bread View Post
    For the quick corners I skim, for the longer corners I plant. 150 bucks for titanium sliders?? No thanks; unless they last 3 years. Are the woodcraft ones any good? Still 45 bucks for sliders is better than 150 but still seems a little steep. What about leather? If i remember correctly, Uncle Snake had these leather ones- .. I also remember him burning through them after just a few passes.. Whats real deal on sliders?

Sorry for the thread jack.
    Leather is great until worn flat, than when you touch a knee down it feels like the road is trying to grab your leg and smack you in the back of the head with it.

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bread View Post
    Nice! Glad you made it back in time for the meeting. Good riding today man - you were flogging that ninjette!

Good riding all around today - KB rippin it up on the Ninjette, and my man Motofreak riding 2 up w/ Blue eyes.

Blue eyes- Again, it was a pleasure meeting you. It was even more of a pleasure to follow you guys today.. you know how to lean!

Motofreak - As always - Good friggn riding! For a while there when we were doing laps I seriously thought you dropped Blue Eyes off at the spring or somthing - The way you were riding I thought it was just you! Soo - Good riding!

Same thing next tuesday right!?!?!

Now a question for the knee draggers -

When do you know its time to replace pucks, and can you recommend a certain kind? Today I had to flip my pucks around so that there was more plastic to grind. Also I looks like the pucks are wearing at different angles, is there an ideal angle (body position)?
    Today was a BLAST!!!
    Ended up doing T Rd (x4), EP Rd, 73, 100, 17, and Tyler Bridge...logging a total of 215 miles...ish
    It's always a pleasure to rip with you Mr Bread, and you looked hella good today...we have to get TimmyB down to tape ya...very impressive.

And I did drop my passenger off for a lap on my own...actually helped me gauge how I ride smoother with her on the back, which is good!
    BlueEyes is hands down the best passenger ever, we got in a few hairy spots today, and there wasn't even a twitch from her! Guess she trusts me...alot.

I think it was on the second lap, KB was just barely in front of me, and I was like "Oh, no prob Ill catch him round the half-way point"...not quite.
    By the time I got back to the spring, he was already there schmoozin with BlueEyes!!!!
    Props Kev for floggin the pants off that 250...you are gonna ROCK at the LAPS TD!

Guess we're doing it again next week too!
    Hopefully we can go get lost on some other great roads. Road EP today for the first time and it is amazing.
    Guess you gotta skip class TimTim

ps-the Ape might be ready

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12