Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Attention In The Haddock!!! - Announcement from Penguin

Animal Hill Super Motard Champion Johnny B's Avatar

Attention In The Haddock!!! - Announcement from Penguin

"Hey all - we are working to get the word out about the new programs for next season...so here is a post that outlines the new stuff going on for Fridays. Sorry if any of this sounds like a commercial, I'm just trying to get the word out about what we are doing next season. If anyone has any questions/comments, please feel free to email info@penguinracing.com.

There are some significant changes to our Friday program, particularly for practice participants and Rookie riders.

ALL NEW Friday Practice Program for Licensed Racers

The Penguin School worked hard to better utilize our Friday track time in 2011 and as a result we have been able to improve our racer practice sessions to now include 6 sessions in 2011. These sessions will begin at 10:15AM and will run until the end of the day.

Practice rates will be $150 for signup at the track and $135 for Pre Registrations that are at least 10 days before an event. There are also NHMS Practice Season Passes available that will save you more money and allow you to skip the registration line on Friday. The season pass saves you $225 over the cost of at-track registration and gives you 6 practice days for the price of 5 (at the discounted pre registration rate).

Important: Rookie Race Now on Fridays

In an effort to help NHMS make time in the Saturday schedule, Penguin will now be holding the Rookie Race at the end of the day each Friday. If any of you know racers who are looking to start racing in 2011, please help spread the word about this new program. Students who take the school will now be able to walk away from the school 100% certified to race at LRRS and there is no extra cost for the rookie race for these riders. For Penguin students from last season or for racers who were certified at another school, the Rookie Race will be included for free in the cost of a Friday practice.

2011 Penguin School Package

If you plan on signing up for practice with us on Fridays at the track, you could participate in our full school program for only an extra $50 per weekend. This package can be used to attend any 5 of the 6 Friday events you choose for only $200/day (a $400 season savings).

Thanks to everyone who helps with Penguin and supports us at the track. I personally appreciate each one of you. We are working hard to continue to both put on a school program that really helps riders and contribute to making LRRS a great place to go race. The 2011 daily schedule is coming together. There will be some changes to how the Novice class & advancement are handled....NHMS should be announcing everything by the end of the month.

Eric Wood"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Johnny B; 01-18-11 at 10:48 PM.
    Johnny B. (the other one) ®
    Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
    Super Motard Champ 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985

Visit the Rest Home: http://resthome.50megs.com

"Listen to your ass, it's giving you lots of information!" - Buddy Melges

Re: Attention In The Haddock!!! - Announcement from Penguin

Aww the rookie race was 1/2 the fun of the weekend!

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

So basically that means if I did the school last year, I have to pay for a friday practice to do the rookie race?

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

If your going to race that weekend (and win the rookie race), you are probably going to want to practice on friday.

I dont believe it is mandatory though. Email info@penguinracing.com to clarify.

That's pretty cool, more practice time on Friday, and a way to save some cash on the deal... that's almost worth renewing my license for. Nice job Penguin/LRRS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    That's pretty cool, more practice time on Friday, and a way to save some cash on the deal... that's almost worth renewing my license for. Nice job Penguin/LRRS!
    The extra 50 to take the school is sweet.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Scottg22 View Post
    If your going to race that weekend (and win the rookie race), you are probably going to want to practice on friday.

I dont believe it is mandatory though. Email info@penguinracing.com to clarify.
    Oh well, I can probably get the day off, but I kind of planned my season for the weekends only.

Last edited by BrianC; 01-19-11 at 08:57 PM.
    LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Cool more practice!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Great job Penguin!!

CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450
    Huge thanks for all the support from MotoSport

I got an email from Mr. Wood clarifying the rookie race/licensing for new racers today. He also okay'd me spreading the word on here so basically the change is as stated in the original post, meaning that if you did your school last year and want to do the rookie race this year, you will have to sign up(and pay) for friday practice (or school) and the race will be at the end of the day for no additional cost. It is really cool for people doing the basic school this year because they will get their license same-day. Another cool aspect Eric pointed out is that you will no longer need to meet race tech inspection standards to do the rookie race, only the school standards. That helps if you don't plan on racing that weekend due to your bike not being ready, but still want your license so you can race on a later date.

So looks like most people are benefitting from the change, and only a couple of us dumb-asses who took the school last year will have to pay extra for the rookie race! Oh well, just a good excuse to take the day off from work to ride the track on a friday again!

LRRS am #121