Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Battery Tender

Re: Battery Tender

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I really hate you. Ordered 4.
    HEHEHEHE. I check out stuff on slickdeals.net almost daily. That was there today.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Eddie; 12-07-11 at 09:55 AM.

Just bought the Schumacher. Amazon Prime FTW

Read the reviews on that one.....I did and they made me decide to not buy it

'02 F4i

Quote Originally Posted by Kazinator View Post
    Read the reviews on that one.....I did and they made me decide to not buy it
    Shoot!! I just realized that by cheer coincidence I have the very same charger. Mine works very well as far as I am concerned. Just recently I had an incident where my battery was very low because I had not started my bike for 2-3 months. I plugged it to my charger overnight and voila!! It now starts the first time everytime. Just saying.

Speaking of reviews...I'll leave my own review on amazon.

I'm talking about the Schumacher...of course.

Last edited by Eddie; 12-07-11 at 01:49 PM.

I put a timer onto my trickle charger so the battery gets 1.5 amps for about 10 mins a day, seems to do the trick.

I Love giggle drops..!! BluGixxer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Here is a pretty good deal on a battery tender: Amazon.com: Schumacher SEM-1562A 1.5 Amp Speed Charge Maintainer: Automotive
    $19 plus free shipping (originally $59)

This is the first charger that I have seen that has a desulfate mode for under $60.00. If your in the market for a charger this is an awsome deal.
    Didn't say much about the desulfate mode, other then it was automatic. But it has one, I wish they would say more about it.

Beat It Like A Rented Mule !!
    Legend in my own mind

I Love giggle drops..!! BluGixxer's Avatar

For those of you who give a poop about battery maintenance, I have been trying to get some truth to what actually happens ,when it happens and how to fix batteries that tke a poop on you. Started with google, ended up talking to Bill @ B & B Batteries , (Bob & Bill). 2 old guys that sell and fix batteries. For over 40 some yrs, nice guy to talk to. Although Bob ist around after 3:00 or so anymore .(he's old)
    Anyway. Sulfation , a chemical reaction, starts to take place when voltage drops below 12.4. In a perfect world, your bike would have no parisidic draw , and your charging system would always keep up. Then your battery would last s llong as possible , untill the "lead "plates are "used"up. Then it would be time to recycle it.
    But since we donot live in aperfect world , and our batteries get abused by low voltage from sitting unattended or weak charging, sufation occurs. The great news is that it can be reversed. The charger listed in this thread advertises it has the desulfation mode. Personally I didn't believe it , it is to cheap.
    But I found one at wallmart , a schumacher SP2 - maintainer charger. $39.87. It has the desulfation mode , I called the tech line , she didn't really now the in's and out's, but got the point across. Only good for smaller batteries.
    I tried it. Had a 5yr old battery out of a minivan. 2 dead cells , others where weak. Used the charger, it dosnt happen over night , but , I'm on my 3rd try and it keeps getting better. The 1st time I was amazed , it brought all cells to the point they would take a charge. Yippeee!!! And now I'm getting about 400 CA out of it, its rated for 660. So maybe a few more days or a week or so and it should be up to its full rating or atleast whatever is left of it.
    Moral of my babble , desulfation can work with a $40.00 charger. And if the charger that was mentioned in this post has it , that was a great deal !
    Keep your batteries at 12.4 volts without over charging, don't let them freeze , or boil them , but if you do , get one of these.
    B & B is in syricuse Ny they sell a diff brand , they don't have a website, but will ship ,they have small ones for $30 . Just passing along some usefull info. Maybe it wll save someone some cash.

Beat It Like A Rented Mule !!
    Legend in my own mind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12