Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Radiator on the Concours..

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Radiator on the Concours..

Doesn't the radiator on this bike get dinged up? They ever get pierced? I went over it with a fine toothed comb (gonna buy the plan that covers the bike 5 years unlimited miles, cause I KNOW I ain't got the chops to work on this bike), and it seems really vulnerable. They also don't give you a temp gauge for the cooling system, but I guess that doesn't matter?

Goll-Durn it's a cool bike.. Counting the days..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Radiator on the Concours..

didn't you just get the bandit? Getting tired of it already?

Quote Originally Posted by noxin View Post
    didn't you just get the bandit? Getting tired of it already?
    Yeah, Noxx, it's too hard on the right wrist, bike leans me over the tank too much (but by sportbike standards, not much at all), guess I'm getting the carpal tunnel. I love looks, the roll-on of the Bandito, it handles pretty good (better than I ride, but that ain't saying much), but instead of enjoying the ride, I'm preoccupied with how uncomfy and numb my mitt gets. Do not wanna ride the thing 500 miles north like that. Tried a higher bar, softer grips, different angles, nothing works except another bike. Too bad, it's like a new bike, only has 4K miles on it and I dumped a ton of dough on it after I bought it, new Roadsmarts, service, did the valves, bulbs, accessories, braided brake lines, the works. The guy I bought it from (consignment through the dealer) added a Zero Gravity windshield, the leather tank protector, Suzuki cover, service manual, DID Gold chain and never scratched it, never rode it. I'm gonna put the stock bar back on it and sell it. The dealer, after I spent all that dough on it, is offering me peanuts for it, so I'm just gonna write a check for the Connie after I shop the best price, and give someone I know a deal on the Bandit rather than just hand it over to those bastids..

If I don't sell the Bandito here in Virginia, maybe I'll send someone on NESR a plane ticket to Dulles outta Logan, they bring their gear, and I'll give em an all expenses-paid trip to ride it North when I ride the Connie up in August. And when whoever that may be gets up there with it, they can write a review and I'll give someone up there a deal on it. Dunno what else to do, but I ain't handing the dealer all those goodies for free. An individual, but not a dealer. F that.

Ah well, at the end, I'll have a premier Sport Tourer, and every now and then, ya gotta say WTF, right? What's the old saying? Thousands I spent on bikes and women, the rest I squandered?

Last edited by toocrazy2yoo; 07-23-09 at 07:50 AM.

I would do that trip.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Ahh, that sucks the bandit didn't work out for you, but I absolutely understand what you mean about the positioning. Mine has a slight buzz that comes through the bars and can put the outside part of my hands asleep if I ride for too long. (like three hour stint )

If I had room in my garage, and money, I'd love to get another bandit, so I could have one naked and one not.

I'd be interested in that trip too, and I have experience on a bandit

Quote Originally Posted by wiggeywackyo View Post
    I would do that trip.
    Except for the lower fairing, your Avatar bike looks just like Mr. Bandito.

No worse radiator then many bikes I have owned never a problem

Ride
    enjoy
    repeat

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Quote Originally Posted by noxin View Post
    Ahh, that sucks the bandit didn't work out for you, but I absolutely understand what you mean about the positioning. Mine has a slight buzz that comes through the bars and can put the outside part of my hands asleep if I ride for too long. (like three hour stint )

If I had room in my garage, and money, I'd love to get another bandit, so I could have one naked and one not.

I'd be interested in that trip too, and I have experience on a bandit
    Ya know, I might just take ya up on that (or if the schedule doesn't work, anyone else with big-bike experience and time on their hands for a couple of days). I was musing when I threw that idea out there, but it sounds like a good idea the more I think of it. Better to bring it up North so an NESR'r can have a crack at it than to hand it over in trade to the dealer. Tell ya what, I'd buy the flight down, you figure out a cool two-day trip that avoids the slabs of NJTP, avoids NYC, and even the Mass Pike. Something that heads North outta Northern Va., West and North, and we come into the North Shore from, well, up North. I'll pay all the gas, yer own room at the halfway point, meals, the works. And a ride back to your place when we drop the bikes in Hamilton.

Gotta warn ya, on this trip, I ain't gonna be inta squiddin, jailtime-earning speeding, that sorta thing, we gotta be cool. If anything untoward happened to the Bandito, it's cool, it'd be on me, not you. It's in my name with heavy liability insurance and comprehensive, inspected and tagged in Va., so no worries for you. But naturally, we don't wanna wreck the bikes, no rider-down stories, none of THAT shit. Ya gotta have health insurance too. Other than that, it'd be go time. Say, target of second week of August? Catch a hole in the bad weather spur of the moment based on a two-day forecast? I'm flexible, but I'm an unemployed bum, I have that luxury, but you (or anyone else able to do this) might have job considerations. Dunno how we handle the weather, it'd be nice to have a sunny hole in the weather between here and there, but the way it's been this year, I dunno.

Whatcha think? Fair enuff? Doable? If not, pipe up, maybe someone else'd be game, but like ya said, Bandito/big bike experience makes good sense..

Quote Originally Posted by richw View Post
    No worse radiator then many bikes I have owned never a problem
    That's good. For so important a part, it looks really vulnerable, but I guess between the chin fairing and fender it's just about covered once I think about it a minute or two.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

There's an entire forum dedicated to Concours, old and new. There's folks there with scads of miles on the C14. I imagine they could answer any questions you may have. See http://forum.concours.org/

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toocrazy2yoo View Post

Doesn't the radiator on this bike get dinged up? They ever get pierced? I went over it with a fine toothed comb (gonna buy the plan that covers the bike 5 years unlimited miles, cause I KNOW I ain't got the chops to work on this bike), and it seems really vulnerable. They also don't give you a temp gauge for the cooling system, but I guess that doesn't matter?

Goll-Durn it's a cool bike.. Counting the days..
    my 600RR looks the same way. i think you'll be all set. the front fender stops most of the small pebble especially at higher speeds where they would actually do damage like that.

Quote Originally Posted by stoinkythepig View Post
    There's an entire forum dedicated to Concours, old and new. There's folks there with scads of miles on the C14. I imagine they could answer any questions you may have. See http://forum.concours.org/
    Tx, Stoinx.. I figured there must be C-14 boards out there, but ain't got around to it yet..

What's with the "petal", or wavy brake rotors? We being a tad-faddish, or is there purpose in that particular madness? There must be purpose, no one building a bike like this does somethin fer nuttin..

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteveRR View Post
    my 600RR looks the same way. i think you'll be all set. the front fender stops most of the small pebble especially at higher speeds where they would actually do damage like that.
    Man, hope so, on the 14, it looks so large and fragile. As usual and as with most things, I concern over things better left unworried..

Tx, Scoobs..

Concours is definitely a comfy bike.

That trip sounds awesome I'd do it if you still need someone but I'm sure you'll have a bunch of volunteers.

So if you need someone i'm game. i just invested in some rain gear after getting caught in the rain all day yesterday. I also did 474 miles yesterday half slab half backroads so long distances are no problem

Quote Originally Posted by toocrazy2yoo View Post
    Ya know, I might just take ya up on that (or if the schedule doesn't work, anyone else with big-bike experience and time on their hands for a couple of days). I was musing when I threw that idea out there, but it sounds like a good idea the more I think of it. Better to bring it up North so an NESR'r can have a crack at it than to hand it over in trade to the dealer. Tell ya what, I'd buy the flight down, you figure out a cool two-day trip that avoids the slabs of NJTP, avoids NYC, and even the Mass Pike. Something that heads North outta Northern Va., West and North, and we come into the North Shore from, well, up North. I'll pay all the gas, yer own room at the halfway point, meals, the works. And a ride back to your place when we drop the bikes in Hamilton.

Gotta warn ya, on this trip, I ain't gonna be inta squiddin, jailtime-earning speeding, that sorta thing, we gotta be cool. If anything untoward happened to the Bandito, it's cool, it'd be on me, not you. It's in my name with heavy liability insurance and comprehensive, inspected and tagged in Va., so no worries for you. But naturally, we don't wanna wreck the bikes, no rider-down stories, none of THAT shit. Ya gotta have health insurance too. Other than that, it'd be go time. Say, target of second week of August? Catch a hole in the bad weather spur of the moment based on a two-day forecast? I'm flexible, but I'm an unemployed bum, I have that luxury, but you (or anyone else able to do this) might have job considerations. Dunno how we handle the weather, it'd be nice to have a sunny hole in the weather between here and there, but the way it's been this year, I dunno.

Whatcha think? Fair enuff? Doable? If not, pipe up, maybe someone else'd be game, but like ya said, Bandito/big bike experience makes good sense..
    Crap, didn't see this post until just now.

I'm starting a new job on the 3rd, so I won't be able to take any time off for a bit. You may be better off taking someone else up on their offer.

It sounds like it'd be one hell of an adventure!