Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Suspension setup for stock 05gsxr600

Suspension setup for stock 05gsxr600

Hey all im wondering if anyone has a set-up for a 05 gsxr600 for loudon,for my suspension.Its stock for now,all i can afford until next season.i wiegh 175to180lbs.Right now the suspension is a stock set-up.Thats was fun for my first race weekend,especially giong into three,and turn ten,or coming out of.So if anyone has any sugestions just to get through the rest of the season for a setup i would be very happy,thanx for your time.
    Patrick

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Suspension setup for stock 05gsxr600

go see pk and have him set the sag/comp/rebound. easiest way to get a baseline if you aren't too keen on screwing with it yourself.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    go see pk and have him set the sag/comp/rebound. easiest way to get a baseline if you aren't too keen on screwing with it yourself.

Yea...not really much you can do with a stocker....just see Peter and have him do his thing and ride out the season and upgrade..

if you need help finding him I can show you his Garage and I pit right next to turn 3 bleachers Row A...im always there on race weekends

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    thanx ripper i dont mind doing the adjustments myself im trying to learn so i can keep everything writtendown and go back to my notes if need be.Thanx for your time,and honestly i dont know who PK is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Yea...not really much you can do with a stocker....just see Peter and have him do his thing and ride out the season and upgrade..

if you need help finding him I can show you his Garage and I pit right next to turn 3 bleachers Row A...im always there on race weekends
    Hey Thanx PigMan i know stock is junk and il take you up on that if i hadnt figured something out,thanx for your time and look forward to meeting you.Patrick

Peter is our resident Suspension GURU.....you will learn to love him

http://www.computrackboston.com

kevin (moto addiction #151) may have some goodies left around for that MY.

Yea...just either buzz me or stop by......978-944-5163 and I wonder if the 06 shock is a better shock than the 04-05 was......cause I have an 06 OEM u can have if so

and my pit bud has a vortex gas cap and a few other parts that you may want...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    kevin (moto addiction #151) may have some goodies left around for that MY.
    Thanx Kit thats very nice of you,thanx for your time,il look into that.Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Yea...just either buzz me or stop by......978-944-5163 and I wonder if the 06 shock is a better shock than the 04-05 was......cause I have an 06 OEM u can have if so

and my pit bud has a vortex gas cap and a few other parts that you may want...
    Thanx again Pigman thats awesome im not sure if its better,probably is Thanx for the offer im not sure what il do,but thats very generous,and if im in need il pay you for the shock if thats what i do that wouldnt be a prob.Thanx again.Patrick

dont use an 06 shock.

call me if u need a little guidance... at mid 20's, you can easily make something safe and comfortable for the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    dont use an 06 shock.

call me if u need a little guidance... at mid 20's, you can easily make something safe and comfortable for the remainder of the season.
    Thanx Kit i usually look at the sport rider mag site they usually have something for the bikes they test.I used there setup for my TL1000r and its fine way better than stock and that suspension is junk.The set up they have for the gixxer doesnt seem right to me,but i might still try it if i cant figure it out.Thanx again for your time and i hope to meet you soon.Patrick

Hey Patrick, definitely go talk to either Peter Kates or Mike Martire up at the track... both of them I'm sure would be happy to work with you to get the most out of what you have.

If you want to take a more do it yourself route... check out this list of articles. You'll learn a bunch...

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...tml#post260915

Quote Originally Posted by patrick #668 View Post
    thanx ripper i dont mind doing the adjustments myself im trying to learn so i can keep everything writtendown and go back to my notes if need be.Thanx for your time,and honestly i dont know who PK is.
    We are in the South garages #19. Pete will probably be there from Friday to Saturday. Ill be there Saturday and Sunday. Come on by.

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    We are in the South garages #19. Pete will probably be there from Friday to Saturday. Ill be there Saturday and Sunday. Come on by.
    Thanx James i will thats nice i look forward to meeting you,and everyone else for that matter.Thanx all for your time and sugestions.I Know ultimately what i have to do,and i will but in the mean time thanks everyone.
    Patrick