Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

878 LRRS 2013 Round 1

878 LRRS 2013 Round 1

I got back into the country the Thursday before with plans on getting to work on the bike. Everything needed to be done. Between the lock down and some other stuff, my brother and I were still sanding and painting at 3:30AM Thursday morning. I arrived at the track that night and made camp and finished up a few things on the bike.

Friday practice, I got out and was feeling quite slow all day long. I was more than 6 seconds off of my PB of 20.6. During the afternoon, I ran out of gas around turn 9. That is a long walk back while pushing.

GTU - After running out of gas on Friday, I vowed never to have to walk back to the pits ever again and put in more than usual for a 20 minute race accounting for the extra 5 minutes. Can you see where this is going? Out on pre-grid, the low gas light came on as they waved us out and there was nothing I could do at that point. I was gridded literally in the back row behind everyone in the race. I got a great start and ended up somewhere towards the middle of the AM GTO/GTU pack and started working my way up. After picking off people slowly, I followed Brett Babaian around for a few laps before deciding to make the pass during what I deemed to be late enough in the race that it would stick. During that same lap, as I got back on the straight, I felt the bike stutter and I decided to just try to nurse it over the line. At this point, I backed off the pace a bunch and just putted around. As I came down the straight the next time, the bike started really choking and I was about a bike width from the wall going all of maybe 40mph with my hand waving. As I saw the flagger wave the white, Greenwood blew past me on the left and Cronin between me and the wall (Cronin and I have since talked and all has been ironed out, apparently, his arm hit me). Left side of the straight from now on........ The bike ran out of gas on the back straight. Gave away what could have been my first AM podium.

5 of 6
    Best of 1:22.189

MWSB - I got a great start and was in the mix off the start again this time. I made a few passes and got myself towards the front but lost 2 positions over the next few laps and maintained it until the red flag. During the restart, We were regridded based on where we were before the flag and I was amped to have picked up a position or two. On the green flag, my clutch lever got stuck on my hand guard and released in two steps. This gave me a very big unexpected wheelie and I'm pretty sure everyone got past me. I was too pissed to notice if that was the case but it sure felt like it. I was able to get past a few riders over the remaining laps. This one was quite disappointing.

9 of 15 (Laptimes shows 7th but results show 9th?)
    Best of 1:23:170

MWSS - I can't remember much of this race except for it felt like everyone was getting past me.

10 of 13
    Best of 1:22:778

Very tough weekend with some dumb mistakes thrown in there. I'm going to have to refind those 20's that I had last year.

I was also pulled aside late Sunday and talked to about swoopy lines. Apparently the announcer called it in?? Does anyone have any insight?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Re: 878 LRRS 2013 Round 1

Quote Originally Posted by wiggeywackyo View Post
    Left side of the straight from now on........ The bike ran out of gas on the back straight. Gave away what could have been my first AM podium.
    I usually keep it off the wall anyway but make sure to later in the race when I know the experts are coming. they like to go around the outside into 1. and as I recall I repassed you right away before you started to run out of gas there was no way I was letting you take my podium.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I can't remember when you got past but I do remember making a whole lap before it sputtered. That was on the front straight and I backed off at that point to just nurse it home. Made it another lap or so after that.

I can't remember when you got past but I do remember making a whole lap before it sputtered. That was on the front straight and I backed off at that point to just nurse it home. Made it another lap or so after that.
    I believe it was in that same lap that I got you back. next time try putting some gas in it . GTU I usually go with about half a tank. gives enough to get through a race and a half if there's a red flag. I've never been one to run it really close to empty on purpose because I don't want to not finish because of running out of gas. I did almost go out with the gauge flashing, had the bike off the stands and was like oh shit cause I don't even take the warmers off till after 3rd call. thought I was gonna be late but luckily Scotty James was right there and ran over and helped and I made it to pregrid no problem.

Nice job dude! Yeah sounds pretty sketchy, but at least you know what not to do now! And as far as swoopy lines, make sure that you are making a hard turn in and also make sure that you are looking for your exit. If you are looking to your corner exit your line will naturally be smooth. Also use your head to connect one corner to the next corner. Always be looking as far ahead as you can.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

I don't give it gas and I don't give it gas.

you ran out because you waste to much rev limiting past our garage

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

Wake up call.

Congrats for a good weekend!!! Too bad you ran outta gas, but that's about the only way I could get you mofos last weekend!

Can't say I was exactly happy with the weekend at all.

I didn't recognize you with the new bike and look at all. I'll have to catch up with you in May.

Can't say I was exactly happy with the weekend at all.

I didn't recognize you with the new bike and look at all. I'll have to catch up with you in May.
    For sure. I'm afraid it's it's going to take my old bones longer than expected to get up to speed. Great fun either way!